Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Preferred FWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, it is the first time I am buying a car in my life and I am not sure how to deal with this situation. This forum has been very informative to me and I appreciate any tips you may have.

It seems a small thing compared to the vehicle's total price but I feel ripped off by such a stupid process. The only discount they gave me was a $40 discount for the wheel storage bags. Do you have any tips on how to deal with that?

Please see below the conversation history I exchanged with them this morning.

Me: Remove the wheel lock please. Not interested, and it is an additional hassle if tires need to be changed. Parking the car in a condo - I am not concerned about theft.
Sales Rep: We already put the wheel lock for all the new cars when we do PDI on new car.
Me: Hi, accessories are not mandatory, right? Please remove it from the vehicle. I do not want the wheel locks even if they were a gift.
Sales Rep: Install Wheel lock to new cars is mandatory in PDI process. However, if you don’t like the Wheel lock install to your Tucson, I will take it out for you.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Preferred FWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well... it seems I convinced them. Unsure why they bluntly lie in the process.

Me: as part of the PDI process, should not this be included in the admin fee charge? If I cannot buy the car without the wheel lock, then it is not an accessory and it should be part of one of the standard vehicle costs. I am finding it very disappointing to be charged $100 extra to do something like this.
Sales Rep: Don’t worry, I already took out the wheel lock for you.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
10 Posts
well... it seems I convinced them. Unsure why they bluntly lie in the process.

Me: as part of the PDI process, should not this be included in the admin fee charge? If I cannot buy the car without the wheel lock, then it is not an accessory and it should be part of one of the standard vehicle costs. I am finding it very disappointing to be charged $100 extra to do something like this.
Sales Rep: Don’t worry, I already took out the wheel lock for you.
I was charged $75 for mine and it was added without my permission and probably the ones not sold by Hyundai. I wanted them anyways but the new norm is nickel and dimeing in today’s business model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts