Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys offer your experience showing dirt on either color? I currently have a phantom black hybrid SEL and it's being replaced my Hyundai (lemon law case) and I would like to swap the color out while we are at it. I love the blue but since it's so close to black I feel like it may be the same as the black and show every droplet. My other option is Amazon grey. Thoughts? Experience? Thank you all

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
186 Posts
Every car to my eyes has certain colors it looks good in. The vast majority of my cars have been black, and then a silver grey and one white color. For some reason I do not like the Tucson in black all that much and of course black does show dirt. Willing to put up with that if I really liked the Black.
As soon as I saw the Amazon Grey that's what I wanted. I find it does not show dirt well. The dark blue isn't bad but I can't comment on how it shows dirt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Every car to my eyes has certain colors it looks good in. The vast majority of my cars have been black, and then a silver grey and one white color. For some reason I do not like the Tucson in black all that much and of course black does show dirt. Willing to put up with that if I really liked the Black.
As soon as I saw the Amazon Grey that's what I wanted. I find it does not show dirt well. The dark blue isn't bad but I can't comment on how it shows dirt.
So you find it doesn't show the dirt?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
154 Posts
Can you guys offer your experience showing dirt on either color? I currently have a phantom black hybrid SEL and it's being replaced my Hyundai (lemon law case) and I would like to swap the color out while we are at it. I love the blue but since it's so close to black I feel like it may be the same as the black and show every droplet. My other option is Amazon grey. Thoughts? Experience? Thank you all
Love my amazon gray and would not trade it for any other color. Being a neat freak I wax my a lot and usually wipe the car down each time its driven and of course it's always garage kept.

·
Registered
'22 Tucson HEV SEL Convenience
15 Posts
I own a deep sea blue. It shows dirt just as you suspected. It is a high maintenance color if you like things slick and shiny.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
186 Posts
Amazon Grey shows a lot of dirt in my experience.

View attachment 977
That looks either from a very dusty dirty drive/area or over a longer period of time. Mine has been clayed, waxed and sealed to be fair, but Amazon Grey with normal daily dust and dirt does not show it nearly like some other colors.

People do notice the color and comment how it looks good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That looks either from a very dusty dirty drive/area or over a longer period of time. Mine has been clayed, waxed and sealed to be fair, but Amazon Grey with normal daily dust and dirt does not show it nearly like some other colors.

People do notice the color and comment how it looks good.
Here is normal level road dirt on Amazon Grey

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the Amazon Grey and it's as bad as any other dark color but I didn't have a choice..........took what I could get.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It seems all of you folks like to have vehicles that appear like all the rest, black, gray, muted colors, don't make waves...
I have a Calypso Red 2022 Tucson and it is beautiful, stands out among all the black, gray and white cars parked in lots and on the street, would not change the color for Any other color.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It seems all of you folks like to have vehicles that appear like all the rest, black, gray, muted colors, don't make waves...
I have a Calypso Red 2022 Tucson and it is beautiful, stands out among all the black, gray and white cars parked in lots and on the street, would not change the color for Any other color.
Have you seen the teal blue color? Seems like it’s not available here in the colonies! It’s gorgeous. Someone has a pic posted of it somewhere here in the forum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you seen the teal blue color? Seems like it’s not available here in the colonies! It’s gorgeous. Someone has a pic posted of it somewhere here in the forum.
I would get that color for sure. I have had a red car and truck for the past 20 years which is why I wanted something different.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I remember your posts, how pissed off you were with the red being bright until you got the vehicle lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would get that color for sure. I have had a red car and truck for the past 20 years which is why I wanted something different.
Yup, I’ve got a white Subaru now. I’m bored to death with it! Waiting on my Phantom Black with Gray Interior. I think I’m going to fight with my wife as to who gets to drive. 😜😀 Hope our dealer doesn’t see these posts and sees how anxious we are to get delivery!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts