Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't speak for other locales but in Canada, the Ultimate Trim is prominently advertised to come with a Cargo Net.

On delivery, ours was nowhere to be found and the dealer was able to verify it should have one, which they then ordered for us. It only took about a week to arrive.

All that to say, approach your dealer if you didn't get one with yours.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate PHEV Deep Sea Blue
104 Posts
Can't speak for other locales but in Canada, the Ultimate Trim is prominently advertised to come with a Cargo Net.

On delivery, ours was nowhere to be found and the dealer was able to verify it should have one, which they then ordered for us. It only took about a week to arrive.

Mine came in a few days ago, I got there today to drive it and it did come with the cargo net.

·
Registered
2022, Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
43 Posts

Mine was buried under the tire kit under the back cover. I was about to call my dealer but found it there.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What use cases do people have for cargo net, btw?
Most cargo nets hold items to the bottom of the cargo area. For those, I will put loose items or grocery bags underneath to discourage movement, stretching the net upwards. Depending upon exactly where the front portion of the net is anchored, it may also be used to place items, sandwiched between the net and the rear seatbacks.

The Tucson cargo net can be mounted in that typical fashion, but seems primarily meant to be doubled back on itself and mounted vertically across the bottom of the cargo area, tight against the closed hatch. This allows you to place items (like bags of groceries) against the net, pushed forward stretching it towards the front of the vehicle, whereupon the hatch could be closed against those items. The items would then be held between the hatch and the cargo net.

Since the net is doubled back on itself (in a "U") before being anchored to the car, I imagine items could also be placed into the "U" and held there. I haven't tried this myself.

Also, unlike most cargo nets, the OEM Tucson one has a small zippered pocket sewn into it which could be handy for holding small items.

HTH!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts