Hyundai Tucson Forum banner

does anyone know what these abreviations mean ?

15K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Grfxguy 
#1 ·
#5 ·
In Canada, you will get a few vague status emails from Hyundai Canada.
Don't have high expectations, they sent me only 2 or 3 emails during the 8 months waiting period.
They will tell you to call your dealer and dealers are fed up to respond to customer status request.

In 2022, this is so lame and bad. For a next day delivery, Amazon sends you 3 or 4 updates :oops: !

#15 ·
I won't be of any help with abbreviations on the status as I never received any after order. But just for benchmarking the order --> delivery timing (for the gasser model at least):
Ordered: Valentines Day
Message received from salesperson Mar 10: "Car has started production. No other information is available at this time. Just wanted to let you know that vin number will be completed soon! Current eta for finishing production is March. May to June delivery time frame."
Text received from a dealer clerk Apr 11: [Basically just confirming the deposit amount.]
Phone call from salesperson Apr 12: "I was on vacation yesterday and found your vehicle this morning setting in the lot."
Driven home Apr 15

So, 2 months and one day for the whole thing, and and up to 2 months ahead of projected. At least for a gasser. And this was for SEL - Conv. - Prem. - Dk. Gray / Gray.
And an interesting little extra treat is the interior has the lt. gray (actually chalk) insets and seats that I thought came only on the Limited and/or one or both of the hybrids. This thing is for my wife, but as soon as she saw the giant center screen and then the 400-page owners manual and other books in the glovebox she made me drive it home while she followed in her 20-year old Tribute. She cracks me up.

Right now I'm getting it loaded up with more goodies for M-Day =
*floormats - TuxMat (Canadian nice eh) is the only way to go for me = v. untrucky looking (and 3D brand carbon fiber looking has no availability yet per their reply ("check back in a few months..."), plus the TuxMat rear cargo mat will be back in stock 'soon' (at least for the BOSE option per their cust. serv.),
*Weathertech Child Car Seat Protector and Mudflaps,
*Gorilla Guard Wheel Locks - you won't find a listing on ANY supplier's online sources yet but I was told the #61631 by their Brand Manager.
And I bought (4) 'Hyundai' brand oil filter cartridges while at the dealer ($17 there v. $13 online), as I'll be doing changes at 500 & 3,500 miles before the 'manufacturer's scheduled' 6,500. Oh, and I saw somewhere in one of the glove box booklets that, 'Hyundai recommends Quaker State Oil'. And that kind of trivia becomes important for shutting everyone up involving warranty arguments when doing ones own maintenance. And keep ALL receipts!

#17 ·
Thought is in my case the DS date has change on my Hybrid multiple times.

The last time it changed it arrived a few days early of the last pushed out date.

It's a best guess of Delivery Scheduled from the man behind the curtain to dealer.

Too many unknown variables to be accurate, mainly labor shortages of the truck delivery and backlog getting more backlog of vehicles sitting at port waiting for a truck and a driver after waiting on port installed factory accessories to be finally installed.

Just wait it out, it's a horrible way of buying a car that sells itself.

#21 ·
Not sure what the difference is between IR and TN. My Tucson HEV SEL jumped back and forth daily between DS and PA until it switched to TN when it started getting prepped for it's ride from CA to AZ. Once it got here over the weekend (picking up tonight) code switched back to DS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.