Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to adjust the display of the Dual Zone climate controls?

They appear blue/dim/hazy - nothing like the sales or website images, which depict sharp, white characters.

Or is this normal?

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
258 Posts
Is there a way to adjust the display of the Dual Zone climate controls?

They appear blue/dim/hazy - nothing like the sales or website images, which depict sharp, white characters.

Or is this normal?
Something simple to check. Did the dealer remove the protective film from the display? That film is often blue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Something simple to check. Did the dealer remove the protective film from the display? That film is often blue.
Thanks for the replies (y)(y)

I looked at the display again and attempted to take pictures of what I'm seeing.
Interesting (to me at least) was that the display looks almost bright white if I take a pic with my S22 ultra - it doesn't look anything like what I'm seeing visually.

I have to use the video record function and then take a snapshot while recording to capture the color as it appears to me (it actually looks more red to me than the attached images appear.)

Gadget Electronic instrument Display device Technology Electronic device

Gesture Font Material property Window Space

I DO see a small pull tab in the top left corner, but I can't seem to get under it with my fingernails.

I'm more than a little afraid that I'll scratch the display getting it off.

Can anyone confirm that this film is/isn't removed from their Tucson?

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
258 Posts
Thanks for the replies (y)(y)

I looked at the display again and attempted to take pictures of what I'm seeing.
Interesting (to me at least) was that the display looks almost bright white if I take a pic with my S22 ultra - it doesn't look anything like what I'm seeing visually.

I have to use the video record function and then take a snapshot while recording to capture the color as it appears to me (it actually looks more red to me than the attached images appear.)

View attachment 1415
View attachment 1416

I DO see a small pull tab in the top left corner, but I can't seem to get under it with my fingernails.

I'm more than a little afraid that I'll scratch the display getting it off.

Can anyone confirm that this film is/isn't removed from their Tucson?
Definitely pull the tab to remove the film. Don't worry about scratching the display with your fingernails; the plastic is harder. If you can't get under the tab with your fingernail, try a wooden or plastic utensil (maybe a toothpick).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the confirmation(s) guys (y)

Unfortunately, I removed protective film and the color of the characters remains the same :confused:

Do either of you have the full touchscreen center stack?

If so, are the characters of the climate control purplish like mine or are they white?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
I have the 8" screen however the climate control screen is the same for both cars, may have a few different functions but same display.
Yes, the climate control is more purple, and the infotainment screen is more neutral/white looking.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
106 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation(s) guys (y)

Unfortunately, I removed protective film and the color of the characters remains the same :confused:

Do either of you have the full touchscreen center stack?

If so, are the characters of the climate control purplish like mine or are they white?
I have the full touchscreen on my Limited. Looks the same as yours.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson LTD
101 Posts
I just noticed the same issues today. No orange lights. They are for indicating which fan speed is selected if other functions are turned on.
Very odd. The digital display is fine.
Maybe try disconnecting the battery for a minute to see if will reset.
;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts