Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes the voice commands do not find the right local I need. When trying to type a direction the car does not allow me to do this while operating. Is there any way to bypass this feature so that I can type in a direction while driving? BTW it's a hybrid limited model. Thank you!

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
94 Posts
Sometimes the voice commands do not find the right local I need. When trying to type a direction the car does not allow me to do this while operating. Is there any way to bypass this feature so that I can type in a direction while driving? BTW it's a hybrid limited model. Thank you!
I don't use car own navigation system but use Android Auto with Google maps. And while Google maps also does not allow to enter destination manually (while driving), it can find anything that EXISTS by using "Hey Google" command and saying where you would like to go.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is a very good reason why you can not enter nav details while driving- because you shouldn't even try! That is no different than texting while driving and we all know the results that can come from that.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate PHEV (on order)
42 Posts
Can navigation instructions be entered via the phone app while the vehicle is in motion? That would allow a passenger to safely enter a destination.

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
94 Posts
Can navigation instructions be entered via the phone app while the vehicle is in motion? That would allow a passenger to safely enter a destination.
As I stated above, if phone is connected and is in Android Auto mode ( I have Android phone but I think that such rule would apply to iPhone/CarPlay as well) - then it would not allow entering any directions manually ( phone has no idea if it is a driver or a passenger entering text), unless phone is unplugged (if it is wired Android Auto) or disconnected from the wireless Android Auto connection - then, of course, it would allow to enter any text. After that, passenger can reconnect phone back and re-establish Android Auto. From my point of view, it is "too much to deal with" - much simpler to say "Hey, Google - take me to or find me that..."

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
198 Posts
Guessing this is a newer change? - our Kia Soul and Subaru allow inputting the keyboard. Both a few years older. (That's with built in navigation)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts