Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Tucson mild hybrid in April this year. After one month, my fuel consumption increased. After analyzing the data, I found that the trip computer does not take into account the distance traveled when the sailing is turned on and the engine is turned off. Maybe this error can be fixed with the update system? Can I do this update myself? Thank you very much for the answers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't know what a 'mild' hybrid is, but I have a full Hybrid and the fuel consumption does take into account the time it runs off the battery. It is very close to my own calculations which I do every time I fill up. I am also unsure what you mean by 'sailing' above.

Alan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what a 'mild' hybrid is, but I have a full Hybrid and the fuel consumption does take into account the time it runs off the battery. It is very close to my own calculations which I do every time I fill up. I am also unsure what you mean by 'sailing' above.

Alan
When I filled the tank with fuel, I calculated that the average consumption was 5.72l / 100km, and the trip computer showed 6.9l / 100km. The Mild Hybrid has a 48v battery, which, through an accessory, ensures that the speed drops more slowly when we lower our foot with the accelerator pedal, which is why this ride is called sailing. During sailing, the engine may start or shut down.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oh - OK. I understood it assisted when taking off from standstill.But you are using fuel all the time - there's not time when it's running just on battery.

Anyway, I've been keeping records since I got the car. The car says that since I bought it (with 12 miles on the clock), it has averaged 43.6 mpg (UK) which is 6.48 l/100Km. My Android program calculates that it has done 43.24 mpg (6.5 l/100km). That's after 2800 miles. So, pretty much accurate as you can get it.

So, either your car is recording the consumption wrong or your calculations need to be relooked at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts