Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm in the market for a 2022 Hyundai Tuscon. I got quotes on OTD prices on two of them.
Hyundai Tuscon SEL Convenience OTD is $37,468. The main markup seems to be the Market Value Selling price at 33,655. Sticker price looks closer to 31k so I assume this is what I would negotiate.
On the Hyundai Tuscon Limited OTD is $44,131. Main markup again is the market value selling price: $39,910. Again seems market adjustment is around 2k.
Doc fee for both is 899+taxes and other fees.
How much would you haggle and negotiate on these and what would you shoot for?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
Hi, I'm in the market for a 2022 Hyundai Tuscon. I got quotes on OTD prices on two of them.
Hyundai Tuscon SEL Convenience OTD is $37,468. The main markup seems to be the Market Value Selling price at 33,655. Sticker price looks closer to 31k so I assume this is what I would negotiate.
On the Hyundai Tuscon Limited OTD is $44,131. Main markup again is the market value selling price: $39,910. Again seems market adjustment is around 2k.
Doc fee for both is 899+taxes and other fees.
How much would you haggle and negotiate on these and what would you shoot for?
Thanks!
Your assumption may or may not be right. I don't say this in a mean way, but you should have directly asked if they are charging over MSRP before you started so if you have not asked do that.
They may be adding dealer options so you have to know that too.
Any paperwork they give you as the final cost will have everything you are asking on it, otherwise they are breaking the law. Are you doing this over the internet or in the Showroom?

Once you know what they are charging for, then decide what you want to do. If they don't need your business and are selling cars just fine they may not negotiate but never hurts to give a lower offer.
Dealer added options often can be negotiated, over the MSRP is totally dependent on that particular dealer. Some will not charge you it if you are local. Some will come down some off what they are adding, some won't budge.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Your assumption may or may not be right. I don't say this in a mean way, but you should have directly asked if they are charging over MSRP before you started so if you have not asked do that.
They may be adding dealer options so you have to know that too.
Any paperwork they give you as the final cost will have everything you are asking on it, otherwise they are breaking the law. Are you doing this over the internet or in the Showroom?

Once you know what they are charging for, then decide what you want to do. If they don't need your business and are selling cars just fine they may not negotiate but never hurts to give a lower offer.
Dealer added options often can be negotiated, over the MSRP is totally dependent on that particular dealer. Some will not charge you it if you are local. Some will come down some off what they are adding, some won't budge.
Definitely time to shop around. I’ve seen more inventory on the dealer lot, especially at the larger dealers. There is no rush ( unless you really need wheels ) to settle. When you find dealers on line with MSRP prices, take those to your dealer as a negotiating tool to get MSRP or less, depending on accessories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts