Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd be driving hard for return and refund - however much you can get. If committed to salvaging the deal then try sticking it in the sun for a few hours for possible 'relaxation' of all those creases. I will say the 'pullover flaps' are a nice touch, though they appear will require folding out and back in with every operation of the hatch.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
236 Posts
The quality of the cargo mat is poor and comes with so many creases that makes it look terrible. The cargo mat that I received does not fit my hybrid. I’m still waiting for the 2nd package that contains the seat back covers even though they were shipped at the same time.
Thanks for publicly sharing your experience - "caveat emptor", I guess. Hopefully, the creases will settle out soon, perhaps encouraged by some flat heavy objects set down on it.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
123 Posts
Thanks for publicly sharing your experience - "caveat emptor", I guess. Hopefully, the creases will settle out soon, perhaps encouraged by some flat heavy objects set down on it.
Yeah, I only ordered them as I really wanted the seat back covers and not this thing. Getting tired of waiting for Tuxmat to come out with the hybrid cargo mat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Patience, grasshopper. High BP can kill ya'. TuxMat told me July for my gasser, and that's with the fancy-pants BOSE option. Do like we have with a couple old bath towels and 3 short months hopefully.

I'm loading up the car with all kinds of little stuff for the wife to distract me until then. Cabin mats, mud guards, wheel locks, console insert and owner manual binder all done. Right now I'm tracking down a good quality hood deflector. And I got the 'Genuine Hyundai' brand oil filter and correct 'Hyundai prefers Quaker State oil' oil for the first change coming up soon at 500 miles.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
79 Posts
That's a different one than the one I linked to. There seems to be a significant variation in quality among the different products. The creases seem to be a common complaint and should go away with a few days laid out on a flat surface. A hair dryer may help. I live in Phoenix, so will just put mine out on the pool deck when they arrive. That should do the trick.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
123 Posts
I was going to take a hair dryer to it but it is too short front to back and side to side. I’ll use it to lie on when I change my oil and I’ll open a dispute with the seller. Hopefully the seat back covers will fit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For @Shark and others using the Smartliner Cargo Mat I'd appreciate some feedback on a possible optical illusion regarding the lip at the forward side against the seat back. From this link:

have a look at the illustration with the baseball equipment:

Rectangle Gas Font Computer keyboard Gadget

It looks all the world like the front extends up 6" and slanted forward hitting halfway up the seat back! That can't be right. And then note the straight sides that do NOT extend into the recesses at the rear at the gate. What's stranger is the aspect of the mat itself appears to be set below the deck thus reflecting the 'floortray' has been slipped into the 'lowered groove' position.

Other illustrations (1st & 3rd ones) are in fact showing the mat with the extended recesses and without an exaggerated front lip. So, just wondering whether an older model or entirely different model mat was thrown in to confuse the issue (in other words, confuse me).

If I get this all de-confused then I'm going to order this one for the wife. I really scored well for her with the TuxMat front and backseat mats, but they don't have (yet) a cargo mat offering. Besides, I almost prefer the utilitarian 'flat ribbed rubber' of this over the fancier 'textured relief' style of the TuxMat. Weathertech would have been the default choice as it's worked out quite well for her last SUV for 20 years. Bbuuuutt we all know about the hokie requirement to go slicing on it to fit with the fancy BOSE subwoofer option.

·
Registered
203 Posts
For @Shark and others using the Smartliner Cargo Mat I'd appreciate some feedback on a possible optical illusion regarding the lip at the forward side against the seat back. From this link:

View attachment 1240

It looks all the world like the front extends up 6" and slanted forward hitting halfway up the seat back! That can't be right. And then note the straight sides that do NOT extend into the recesses at the rear at the gate. What's stranger is the aspect of the mat itself appears to be set below the deck thus reflecting the 'floortray' has been slipped into the 'lowered groove' position.

Other illustrations (1st & 3rd ones) are in fact showing the mat with the extended recesses and without an exaggerated front lip. So, just wondering whether an older model or entirely different model mat was thrown in to confuse the issue (in other words, confuse me).

If I get this all de-confused then I'm going to order this one for the wife. I really scored well for her with the TuxMat front and backseat mats, but they don't have (yet) a cargo mat offering. Besides, I almost prefer the utilitarian 'flat ribbed rubber' of this over the fancier 'textured relief' style of the TuxMat. Weathertech would have been the default choice as it's worked out quite well for her last SUV for 20 years. Bbuuuutt we all know about the hokie requirement to go slicing on it to fit with the fancy BOSE subwoofer option.
Unlike Tuxmat & Weathertech, it’s not custom fit. Looks more like a universal fit mat (universal fit means it fits nothing out there) that is just a cheap copy cat.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
Unlike Tuxmat & Weathertech, it’s not custom fit. Looks more like a universal fit mat (universal fit means it fits nothing out there) that is just a cheap copy cat.
The Smartliner is specifically made for each model car. It fits the Tucson perfectly. They are a little less thick, a little more pliable and form to the floor some but feel very substantial to me. I don't know I need it as thick and pay the higher costs for Weathertech but not a knock on those at all.
SMARTLINER USA Official Website | Custom Fit Floor Mats Cargo Liners – Smartliner USA (smartliner-usa.com)

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Smartliner is specifically made for each model car. It fits the Tucson perfectly. They are a little less thick, a little more pliable and form to the floor some but feel very substantial to me. I don't know I need it as thick and pay the higher costs for Weathertech but not a knock on those at all.
SMARTLINER USA Official Website | Custom Fit Floor Mats Cargo Liners – Smartliner USA (smartliner-usa.com)
Got it. From the pictures, it looked like the back of the liner was leaning up in a the second row seat backs. I didn’t realize that Smartliner is Tuxmat.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
85 Posts

View attachment 1240

There's no lip against the seat. It is custom fit for the entire trunk floor, including the "ears" in the front corners. Mine fits perfectly and I'm very pleased with it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Shark,
Thanks for checking in. And on the 'Official' Smartliner USA Website' link posted above (not Amazon's) I noticed a big fat 'REPRESENTATIVE IMAGE' plastered on the rear mat illustration which goes a long way in explaining the 'wrong' profiles and strange features I noted.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the rear mat in morning, thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There's no lip against the seat. It is custom fit for the entire trunk floor, including the "ears" in the front corners. Mine fits perfectly and I'm very pleased with it.
Received, installed, perfect fit. The wife had a Weathertech in the rear of her last SUV for all 20 years she had it. But that didn't stop her from covering that with old bathtowels anyway = heinous looking. She's been reusing those since she got her new ride, so I just covered the Smartliner with them again, and I'll just keep quiet until she finally notices it in there.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
Received, installed, perfect fit. The wife had a Weathertech in the rear of her last SUV for all 20 years she had it. But that didn't stop her from covering that with old bathtowels anyway = heinous looking. She's been reusing those since she got her new ride, so I just covered the Smartliner with them again, and I'll just keep quiet until she finally notices it in there.
Those smartliners to me are a little better value. Possibly not quite as rugged but certainly rugged enough at a lower cost. Perfect fit.
I'm going to resist putting beach towels on them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Considering NX4es hit the overseas market in model year '21 it might be worth a try to score one from a supplier over there. But then again, hear tell they have the 'long w.b. version' so maybe a bust there as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there. I’m in Toronto Canada and looking to buy a set of floor liners. I like the weather tech ones but they’re $268 for the set. I’ve looked at some alternate brands such as Huskey, Findway, Maxpider and a few more but they don’t yet have them for the 2022. Anyone have a good solution?

Also, for the cargo liner, I really want one that not only covers the trunk, but goes up the back row of seats. This is great and I had it on my Toyota. I carry a lot of stuff with my rear seats down so the extended trunk liner is great to keep the back of the seats clean. The problem is nobody sells it expect Hundai USA and Europe. See picture. A dealer in the UK will ship but the shipping cost is as much as the liner. Hyundai Canada said they don’t have access to it. Anyone have any suggestions for a good non universal) liner? Also, if there’s anyone in Toronto who wants to order this from the UK, the shipping charge is the same whether you buy one or two.
Hyundai Tucson 2021 Boot Liner Extension
View attachment 463
Let me know. Thanks all.
Bought the WeatherTech mats. Fit and look great. Worth the $.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bought the WeatherTech mats. Fit and look great. Worth the $.
Just curious of your particular build.

Considering the combined impact of at least one desired feature or option contained in SEL trim, plus Convenience, PLUS Premium, it also drug along decidedly 'unwanted' items such as the 'not allowed to delete' sunroof and that fancy BOSE radio. Weathertech stated online their rationale for not offering separate versions for that and the regular radio as having decided instead for those having the smaller 'ex'-dentation due to the BOSE subwoofer's bigger enclosure that they shall slice off some of the mat to fit.

I hadn't found much in the way of visuals of the resulting outcome after that surgery, and what little feedback from those who've tried it haven't given it glowing comments.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts