Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Hybrid Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I ended up having to purchase my Tucson from a dealer an hour and a half away because the only place I could get one and they talked about free oil changes. Obviously I’m not taking it all the way to the dealership to get free oil changes but now I’m wondering if that was a dealership thing or is that a Hyundai thing??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just to clarify, you can get the three year free maintenance services including oil changes at ANY HYUNDAI dealer. No Hyundai dealer will charge you for the services no matter which dealer sold you the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just to clarify, you can get the three year free maintenance services including oil changes at ANY HYUNDAI dealer. No Hyundai dealer will charge you for the services no matter which dealer sold you the car.
Truth. Free oil change and tire rotation every 7,500 miles for 3 years… NOTE - does not include any of the other manufacture recommended service…

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Hybrid Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much that was not explain to me at all the dealership said I guess you won’t be coming back here for your oil changes and that’s all they said and then I thought I heard that Hyundai had service that you would get oil changes for free so thank you all very much I knew nothing about if this was really true and it’s nice to hear about the tire rotation to I even got all the extended warranties and nothing was real even explain to me about those either

·
Registered
63 Posts
You should rad the factory warranty, it is quite extensive. 10 years 100,000 miles for engine transmission hybrid system including the hybrid battery for original owner, 5 years 50,000 miles on most other major systems, 3 years on entertainment systems free roadside assistance including towing to a Hyundai dealer and more. I think they even cover all led lighting for 5 years. The dealer probably sold you warranties you don't need. That's how they make most of their money. You should have someone help you go through all your paperwork. You might be able to cancel the unnecessary extra warranty stuff.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate HEV
46 Posts
Speaking from what I know based on Canadian buying... (NX4 is my 2nd new hyundai)

1) The dealership you bought at can offer free oil changes, specific to that dealership's service department for any amount of time. Some can offer lifetime too. This is only valid to that specific dealership.

2) This is a PREPAID package which would be in your paperwork during the buying process, which THEN you go back and get your "free" oil changes at ANY dealership

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
122 Posts
Speaking from what I know based on Canadian buying... (NX4 is my 2nd new hyundai)

1) The dealership you bought at can offer free oil changes, specific to that dealership's service department for any amount of time. Some can offer lifetime too. This is only valid to that specific dealership.

2) This is a PREPAID package which would be in your paperwork during the buying process, which THEN you go back and get your "free" oil changes at ANY dealership
In case you're not aware, in the USA, 3 yrs of "maintenance" is included, which I understand only means oil changes and tire rotation. But this is sponsored by Hyundai so any dealership would have to honour that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts