Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • They charged me MSRP plus the paint and theft protection, a required purchase.
  • There were maybe 10 to choose from. No hybrids, half were the low end Tucson. Although their dealership across town had inventory also.
  • The only Honda available was a CRV Hybrid Touring in white, and that was in Marysville, OH,
  • This Hyundai dealer has always been fair toe me.
  • The Hyundai and Honda dealerships were under major construction. Maybe a sign the dealers are optimistic.
  • Wish it had the blind spot camera, not just warning.
Overall, I am happy with my Tucson :)
Font Material property Wood Paper Document
Font Material property Wood Paper Document

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson SEL Premium
12 Posts
  • They charged me MSRP plus the paint and theft protection, a required purchase.
  • There were maybe 10 to choose from. No hybrids, half were the low end Tucson. Although their dealership across town had inventory also.
  • The only Honda available was a CRV Hybrid Touring in white, and that was in Marysville, OH,
  • The Hyundai and Honda dealerships were under major construction. Maybe a sign the dealers are optimistic.
View attachment 1741 View attachment 1741
Congrats. I too have the same SEL Premium and my total came up to just about the same as yours. I purchased mine back in mid-June and the dealer mostly had the lower trim levels as well. I have it in Quartz White with black interior and luckily it had just came off the truck the day I was visiting the dealer. Wasn't my first choice of colors but with the inventory and wait times I jumped on it before someone else did. I figured if I really didn't get to like thw white color I would have gotten it wrapped in another color. The white has grown on me though. I was originally considering the Limited trim but it was $4k more than the SEL Premium and the SEL Premium had enough features and options for me. Overall I love the Tucson. What color did you purchase?

·
Banned
58 Posts
Most of those protection plans let you cancel. Stick it to them and cancel. The paint "protection" is likely just an application not an insurance plan so you there may be nothing to cancel .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my SEL with convenience package last week. Made the dealer take off the 1298.00 paint and theft package. They said they couldn’t as it was installed upon the dealer receiving the car. I told them that wasn’t my problem and I wasn’t paying for it. Another dealer told me this is a way to upcharge and it can be removed. I made the dealer take it off.

·
Registered
Montreal, QC
288 Posts
I am amazed how car are getting more expensive in the USA then Canada, My HEV Luxury came out to almost 48k can with taxes and the Sel which is the equivillant to hours is about 35,700 x 7% tax. = 38k x 33% exchange rate = 51k , and here in Quebec both taxes come to 15%,
Ok they have a better warrantee then us, but still, same cars sold in USA before were cheaper then sold in Canada. Tell me if I made error in calculation. tia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts