Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!! So, I am waiting on my gas 2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD to be delivered the second week of June or so. I see a lot of people are getting the PHV or just the HV. My question is, did someone find out something is wrong with the gas vehicle or are people just getting them for the obvious reasons?
I’m just wondering. I don’t even think I’ve ever even seen a Limited PHV or HR around here in Idaho. Just curious if there are issues with the gas version. Thanks to whomever takes the time to respond!!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
182 Posts
Hey everyone!! So, I am waiting on my gas 2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD to be delivered the second week of June or so. I see a lot of people are getting the PHV or just the HV. My question is, did someone find out something is wrong with the gas vehicle or are people just getting them for the obvious reasons?
I’m just wondering. I don’t even think I’ve ever even seen a Limited PHV or HR around here in Idaho. Just curious if there are issues with the gas version. Thanks to whomever takes the time to respond!!
Not sure where you are from but they only sell them in 13 states. They are called PHEV for the plugin and HEV for the standard Hybrid. The engine in the ICE only model you are buying is much larger than the other two and the gas mileage on that engine is not as attractive, Years back the engine was smaller and did get exceptional mileage.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Our X-er and Millennial kids were shoving hard for mommy's new Forever Car to be some wrinkle of hybrid. And boy 'o boy are those kids in love with leases, which remain against my religion. But some folk's driving habits and needs simply don't support that propulsion, and the teeny ICE coupled with a turbo always there trying to get itself and the motor to blow up, not to mention the gasser's larger size and 'all motor' projected longevity, all stacked up the equation for this old wrench-head toward a gasser. Mayhaps the last one for her, but a gasser nonetheless.

Now, what I saved for last is that while we were seriously hunting for one of the hybrids after Christmas, they were absolutely unobtainable and with not even wild guesses on future availability (bidding wars while still on the truck kinda silliness). Ssoooooo, choosing our build-up was not only the preferred initial course, but now also turned out luckily the best outcome, based in some part by the unfortunately measurable 'issues' and 'glitches' and 'mysteries' in posts about the hybrids that are honestly more probably related to chips and other supply chain foibles than faulting engineering or quality.

In short, in a perfect world a perfect hybrid would be perfect. I've got a 60A. branch circuit roughed in the garage for that day.

·
Registered
302 Posts
We went the 2.5 Limited gasser. Just picked it up yesterday. We might have gotten a hybrid, but no real choice on colors, equipment, etc. Also, very few coming to the dealer. If one comes, you’ll be fighting 25+ perspective buyers for it. We wanted to strike when our trade was at its peak. We paid MSRP, got a great price on the trade! Hybrid will be a great SUV, but we’ll wait a couple of years to clear any gremlins out of it, maybe add a volume knob on the radio and please, do something about that obnoxious noise when backing up!

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is from the Tucson brochure the Hybrid has more power and better gas mileage then the gasser
Understood. And, understood. The emphasis of my post above yours being those two features separately and in combination were explained as not nearing offsetting attributes of said gasser as final choice for our purchase. But, that's not to say I don't still wish for all hybrid owners to wear their rides in long life and healthy comfort.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure where you are from but they only sell them in 13 states. They are called PHEV for the plugin and HEV for the standard Hybrid. The engine in the ICE only model you are buying is much larger than the other two and the gas mileage on that engine is not as attractive, Years back the engine was smaller and did get exceptional mileage.
Thank you for your response. I live in Idaho. I had no idea I was buying an “ICE”. do only live a quarter mile from work so my commute is awesome. A tank of gas usually lasts a month. I appreciate the insight on the acronyms.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson LTD
101 Posts
My wife has a ICE Limited with all options.
Great vehicle and we are averaging 33mpg.
We do drive conservative and don't have freeways so I am gr8ful for that. We did not buy it for the miles either but all the tech and comfort.

·
Registered
302 Posts
We do drive conservative and don't have freeways so I am gr8ful for that. We did not buy it for the miles either but all the tech and comfort.
Yup, it’s a great SUV. Rides more comfortable than our Outback Touring. It doesn’t have the nanny warnings about position or if it can see the lane markings. It had it “EyeSight“ warnings going off constantly!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
182 Posts
You made a great decision
The limited model in all the different models ICE - HEV - PHEV all are excellent.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
10 Posts
I chose my Hybrid model for two reasons. 1) The acceleration on the gas model was very lacking. 2) For gas mileage. Especially with pricing being high, I've been able to enjoy 35 avg mpg.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
159 Posts
I chose the HEV after finding out the ICE wasn't for me.

It was only 1200USD more and I got alot more of what I was looking for.

The power, torque, MPG, much quieter and not having to plug in a car was it.

The ICE 2.5l felt under powered while using more fuel compared to the HEV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts