Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my backup plan, tested both a Subaru and a Mazda. Due to the uncertainty with Hyundai and excessively long waits, I plunked down a deposit on a 2023 CX-50. If things pan, out maybe I will have a Tucson on the future, but at least there's one more in the pool for you people to have :)

Good luck to all car enthusiasts around the globe.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
I went to my backup plan, tested both a Subaru and a Mazda. Due to the uncertainty with Hyundai and excessively long waits, I plunked down a deposit on a 2023 CX-50. If things pan, out maybe I will have a Tucson on the future, but at least there's one more in the pool for you people to have :)

Good luck to all car enthusiasts around the globe.
I didn't even realize the CX-50 came in Hybrid. Generally you can't go wrong with Mazda IMO, good cars over all. Still have my MX-5.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not yet and probably not for months, given current shortages.
When you said shortage I assumed you meant you were getting a Hybrid. Maybe it's just here? I can get an SEL or Limited ICE Tucson with no problem. Dealers have them on the lot and/or they constantly are arriving here. No MSRP markup, at least one advertises no dealer add ons either.

·
Registered
643 Posts
In Maine they are all in transit. Dealers sell them as quickly as they get them.
If you are only willing to buy from one dealer or changed your mind on a Tucson I understand. But my Wife tells me her friend a former neighbor bought a Tucson a week ago at Rowe Hyundai off the lot, and they had more. Looking at Bill Dodge/Hyundai, A Sommerworth dealer, and Rowe they all show them on the lot. That's just the first three that popped up of those in Maine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are only willing to buy from one dealer or changed your mind on a Tucson I understand. But my Wife tells me her friend a former neighbor bought a Tucson a week ago at Rowe Hyundai off the lot, and they had more. Looking at Bill Dodge/Hyundai, A Sommerworth dealer, and Rowe they all show them on the lot. That's just the first three that popped up of those in Maine.
I checked 3 dealers; one had a 4-5k markup. The smallest markup was 3K, that was part of the consideration. No markup on the CX-50, I think it's so new and a "gasser" so the demand is not as bad.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I checked 3 dealers; one had a 4-5k markup. The smallest markup was 3K, that was part of the consideration. No markup on the CX-50, I think it's so new and a "gasser" so the demand is not as bad.
I wouldn't buy either with those markups! Luckily Hyundai dealers here around me are not marking up and have them on the lot. I was surprised to find several Hybrids on the lot right here now too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They must be finally catching up with inventory.

When I finally got mine 2 weeks ago all Rowe had coming in were pre sold. I checked their site before my post above and all were in transit.

Rowe isn't marking up either. Can't say the same for bill dodge, just don't know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts