Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson SEL Convenience w/Premium non-hybrid
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came across this grayed out selection under "All Menus", could anyone explain what this is? I couldn't find it anywhere online or from any other forums.
Product Communication Device Gadget Font Mobile device

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
651 Posts
"Park your vehicle in a safe location before changing the settings. 1 On the Home screen, press All Menus > Sound Mood Lamp. 2 Press Sound Mood Lamp to activate the sound-reactive mood light. 3 Select a lighting mode and customize the lighting settings."

Font Screenshot Gadget Technology Software

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Park your vehicle in a safe location before changing the settings. 1 On the Home screen, press All Menus > Sound Mood Lamp. 2 Press Sound Mood Lamp to activate the sound-reactive mood light. 3 Select a lighting mode and customize the lighting settings."

View attachment 1253
Does the car have to be started or in the pre-ignition for it to be active?

·
Registered
227 Posts

View attachment 1253
Thanks - we'll have to check that out. Then again, my wife still had to use the 'shortened' owner's manual 2 days ago just to figure out how to get from the Settings display back to showing the digital mph in the center of the inst. panel.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks - we'll have to check that out. Then again, my wife still had to use the 'shortened' owner's manual 2 days ago just to figure out how to get from the Settings display back to showing the digital mph in the center of the inst. panel.
On the steering wheel, there's a button on the RH side with some horizonal lines. Press that until the fuel consumption or similar appears (it's one of 4 options and I can't quite remember which one it is). Then press the LH toggle on the RH side down until the speed appears.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

View attachment 1253
Still cannot get this setting to come alive? Even when the car is turned on and in Park, this setting is still grayed out for some reason, any suggestions? I really don't care as much but just curious.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Are you certain that feature is included in your SEL Convenience? I've got the added Premium and I don't have it on the list of stuff I made up for the SEL and both those options, with the only lighting things being auto-dim mirror and LED interiors. Mood Lighting sounds like something that'd be reserved for the Limited and/or N-Line.

But I'll read up on it over some coffee sometime.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really don't know, i assume since the Premium came with the Ambient light options that it would part of that feature. I will have the dealership take a look at it when it's time for the maintenance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you certain that feature is included in your SEL Convenience? I've got the added Premium and I don't have it on the list of stuff I made up for the SEL and both those options, with the only lighting things being auto-dim mirror and LED interiors. Mood Lighting sounds like something that'd be reserved for the Limited and/or N-Line.

But I'll read up on it over some coffee sometime.
Just got back from my maintenance appointment and asked them to take a look but yes, the sound mood lamp settings is only for the Limited, I guess the settings is on there solely because the Premium package has the ambient light setting.
Case closed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts