Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
377 Posts
I'm definitely getting dye transfer from my dark jeans. I'll be cleaning the leather on the driver's seat in the next week or so.

(I recently soaked all my jeans in a vinegar-water mix, which is supposed to reduce dye transfer. No idea yet if it works. Lots of disagreement online. I figured "can't hurt, might help.")

But...........the grey leather REALLY looks nice.

· Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
1,357 Posts
Thus far none of my jeans have left anything. I do use leather conditioner/protector every so often. No scuffing at all.

· Registered
14 Posts
Thus far none of my jeans have left anything. I do use leather conditioner/protector every so often. No scuffing at all.
We purchased a new 2023 Tucson Limited (gas) with the Grey interior, because we liked the awesome contrast and the fact it's not just "black interior everywhere" like many vehicles today. We get many compliments about the interior color combo.

As far as the leather, no pigment transfer either.

- To avoid pigment transfer, don't "slide" on entry/exit. This is the most common reason there will be pigment transfer on any light colored leather seating surfaces in any vehicle.

- Use a leather cleaner that not only will clean the leather surface, but one that also has protectant in it. There's many many products available online and in local stores. Clean/condition the seats at each car wash/car detail interval. That will help to not only keep the leather supple and clean, but will also protect it from any pigment transfer.

- When cleaning leather seats, especially those with perforations, use a white micro fiber towel (NO colored towels or cloths) and spray your product onto the micro fiber, not onto the seat. Sure some products will say spray directly onto seats, but spraying a good amount on a micro fiber will produce the same results. There is NO need to "glomb" up the seat surface with a boatload of product. Get enough on the microfiber (approx. 1-2" in diameter), fold the microfiber over to get the product worked into it, then rub/massage the product into the seating surfaces - that's all you need to do to clean and protect. Make sure to do all of the seating surfaces, not just the top or bottom/seat back - do the entire seat.

NEVER use any other product on the seating surfaces for cleaning because if it's not for leather, it can or will remove the leather dye/pigment and will also dry out the leather which leads to premature cracking and deterioration of the leather.

-

I have another vehicle with light colored leather which was bought new; it's 5 years old now and with almost 40k on it - the leather still looks new and there's absolutely no pigment transfer. Follow the leather maintenance steps above for light color leather seats and you'll be fine.

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
2 Posts
I have owned my 2022 Hybrid Limited since July of 2021 and to date have had no issues with dye transfer from clothing. I take good care of them and only use cleaners designed for treating leather seats. As stated above, this is important. And even if the seats are not dirty, it helps to give them some treatment once in a while to help prevent them from drying out. I use Maguiar's leather care products and pretty happy with it.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Must be certain jeans? I just looked at the back seats realizing we have had friends on several accusations back there many times wearing jeans. Nothing at all. Again like the front I have put leather conditioner cleaner back there too.

I do wash my jeans before wearing that probably helps but alot of people do.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
definitely washed jeans are less of a problem and some companies put really intensive blue dye. Those dark dark jeans are the problem!
Yes, warshed (as our friends in Washington (state of) would say do not have that kind of bleeding problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts