Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Tucson drivers,
I have a 2022 Hyundai Tucson luxury Hybrid. Woke up one morning to take my wife to an appointment and noticed my rear right tire had a flat. It was flat in the driveway for at least 1 day. I did not drive on a flat. I jacked up the car removed the wheel, brought it to the dealer and they replaced the tire (side wall puncture) ever since my steering wheel vibrated I’ve had Hyundai 4 time balance and rotate tires and when rotating the tires it made it even worse. I now have been driving since 1500km to now having 8500km like this. Also not to mention the trip resets itself sporadically, same with HVAC, and Bluetooth and carplay issues. I like the car other than these issues. I’ve never had a vehicle that has had this many items wrong right off the bat. I may not keep this car because of these issues now.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
You never mention singling out that replacement tire as the problem. Rotating in this instance with low tire mileage doesn't seem like a it would be fix, maybe worth trying one time but honestly that only disguises the issue if it happens to work. Do you see obvious wear on a tire more than there should be and then that would be a different issue to address first.

New tires can be out of round, not all that unusual. I believe one answer is to find a used tire of the same size at one of the tire places and put it on, see if that fixes it.

Also, what kind of puncture was on the sidewall? Could have been from a hard impact as opposed to an object coming up and puncturing it? Possibly close to home and the air went out while sitting in the driveway...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You never mention singling out that replacement tire as the problem. Rotating in this instance with low tire mileage doesn't seem like a it would be fix, maybe worth trying one time but honestly that only disguises the issue if it happens to work. Do you see obvious wear on a tire more than there should be and then that would be a different issue to address first.

New tires can be out of round, not all that unusual. I believe one answer is to find a used tire of the same size at one of the tire places and put it on, see if that fixes it.

Also, what kind of puncture was on the sidewall? Could have been from a hard impact as opposed to an object coming up and puncturing it? Possibly close to home and the air went out while sitting in the driveway...
Hey there,
The sidewall puncture was from an electrical staple it was not driven on with the flat but I do live in a new subdivision so most likely picked up from around the corner. Also I am very focused on the one tire no obvious signs of wear on one side more than the other thus far, but I do know they can’t get the balance perfect on that specific tire. I’ve thought about that tire option you mentioned and I would not mind buying a tire to to replace the replacement because as we know this car doesn’t have a spare anyway. So I don’t mind keeping one just incase.

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
170 Posts
Hey there,
The sidewall puncture was from an electrical staple it was not driven on with the flat but I do live in a new subdivision so most likely picked up from around the corner. Also I am very focused on the one tire no obvious signs of wear on one side more than the other thus far, but I do know they can’t get the balance perfect on that specific tire. I’ve thought about that tire option you mentioned and I would not mind buying a tire to to replace the replacement because as we know this car doesn’t have a spare anyway. So I don’t mind keeping one just incase.
Have they checked for the tire being out of round? From the classical "wiggle enough wires" school of repair, have they broken the seal to the rim, maybe looked inside just out of general paranoia, and re-seated the tire? Can they do a road force balance? (If not, a tire shop should be able to.) If the tire is still bad, then it sounds like a warranty claim with the tire manufacturer would be next.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had this problem the people changing my tires left the water in them and they will not balance until the water is removed! It took 2 trips to the dealer that installed the tires 2 ea both had water went to a different dealer and replaced all 4 tires this fixed the problem. I asked them what the problem was with the set I had replaced first. they said there was to much weight installed in the rims and water in the tires. New techs with little or no training due to shortage of qualified techs (COVID)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have they checked for the tire being out of round? From the classical "wiggle enough wires" school of repair, have they broken the seal to the rim, maybe looked inside just out of general paranoia, and re-seated the tire? Can they do a road force balance? (If not, a tire shop should be able to.) If the tire is still bad, then it sounds like a warranty claim with the tire manufacturer would be next.
They have not broken the seal and checked, my local Hyundai dealership is a bit of a joke to be honest. Hence the 4 times going back, I will have to look into another Hyundai or even tire shop and see if they could do what you mentioned. It is very annoying especially on a brand new vehicle. I’ve even thought when I get winters to put them on the Rims so this way I can rule out a bent rim.

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
170 Posts
Had this problem the people changing my tires left the water in them and they will not balance until the water is removed! It took 2 trips to the dealer that installed the tires 2 ea both had water went to a different dealer and replaced all 4 tires this fixed the problem. I asked them what the problem was with the set I had replaced first. they said there was to much weight installed in the rims and water in the tires. New techs with little or no training due to shortage of qualified techs (COVID)
Water?? Whooda thunk.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
86 Posts
Good morning Tucson drivers,
I have a 2022 Hyundai Tucson luxury Hybrid. Woke up one morning to take my wife to an appointment and noticed my rear right tire had a flat. It was flat in the driveway for at least 1 day. I did not drive on a flat. I jacked up the car removed the wheel, brought it to the dealer and they replaced the tire (side wall puncture) ever since my steering wheel vibrated I’ve had Hyundai 4 time balance and rotate tires and when rotating the tires it made it even worse. I now have been driving since 1500km to now having 8500km like this. Also not to mention the trip resets itself sporadically, same with HVAC, and Bluetooth and carplay issues. I like the car other than these issues. I’ve never had a vehicle that has had this many items wrong right off the bat. I may not keep this car because of these issues now.
Do they acknowledge a out of specification issue to begin with?

Go to a competent dealer, doesn't look like a good faith effort 4 times to fix same issue. Why didn't they start replacing rims, tires, bearings and the like?

Either they don't see a issue and are entertaining you, or they are incompetent.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Tampa8 has a good idea. Depending on how many miles are on the Tucson, sometimes you can buy a single new tire ( from say, Tire Rack) and they’ll shave it down to mileage match the other tires. If a single tire has dramatically different tread depth than the others, that can throw off the overall car balance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts