Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had delayed updating as I awaited delivery of a large enough drive. But now when I look at the updater, it only shows 2016-17 Tucson. So has the 2022 update (and others) been pulled back? I did download the update to my hard drive, but I am not inclined to try to install if, in fact, Hyundai has withdrawn the update. Anyone have any additional insight?

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
92 Posts
I had delayed updating as I awaited delivery of a large enough drive. But now when I look at the updater, it only shows 2016-17 Tucson. So has the 2022 update (and others) been pulled back? I did download the update to my hard drive, but I am not inclined to try to install if, in fact, Hyundai has withdrawn the update. Anyone have any additional insight?
It looks like. Just as a "sanity check" ( I already downloaded and installed latest navigation update a few days ago), I launched "Navigator Updater" and even it shows at the bottom latest update as April 28, 2022, when I hit next - it comes with a message "Updates Temporarily Unavailable"...

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's not "pulled".

The list has been updated and shortened for the April update a week after it was released.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

Before the updated list.
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Paper

Hyundai posted the new V16 update will be out in May 22.
Automotive tire Tire Product Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, at least according to another poster, there is an issue:

Someone on a Palisade forum talked to Mapnsoft (thanks to him for providing that info), who had this to say:

"There appears to be a technical issue with the servers hosting the newer model updates. We are aware of the issue at this time, however we do not have an ETA as to when it will be corrected. It is currently a priority for us to resolve the issue."

Mapnsoft apparently also mentioned that as far as they know there is no issue with the update itself so if you already installed it then its good and when it becomes available there is no need to reinstall it. It's just an issue with the system that powers the Nav Updater application and downloads the files...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, at least according to another poster, there is an issue:

Someone on a Palisade forum talked to Mapnsoft (thanks to him for providing that info), who had this to say:

"There appears to be a technical issue with the servers hosting the newer model updates. We are aware of the issue at this time, however we do not have an ETA as to when it will be corrected. It is currently a priority for us to resolve the issue."

Mapnsoft apparently also mentioned that as far as they know there is no issue with the update itself so if you already installed it then its good and when it becomes available there is no need to reinstall it. It's just an issue with the system that powers the Nav Updater application and downloads the files...
Knowing how Hyundai is incapable of transparency along with a less than stellar update history on their infotainment systems, I highly question this Hyundai answer.

They deliberately changed the models the update is for.

They also have a less than full change log when a change is made, leaving users to go to groups to compare notes on changes not noted on Hyundai website.

It's not a server issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Knowing how Hyundai is incapable of transparency along with a less than stellar update history on their infotainment systems, I highly question this Hyundai answer.

They deliberately changed the models the update is for.

They also have a less than full change log when a change is made, leaving users to go to groups to compare notes on changes not noted on Hyundai website.

It's not a server issue.
Yeah, I got a response from a Mapnsoft customer support agent when I asked about an update for my 22 Kia Forte.

Hello and good afternoon,

The new update is due to release in May (around the 10th) and those options will be available to you. Please check back on the manufacturers

website for more detailed information as to when it will be available. Our engineers pulled the update to do maintenance on the update. Thank you

for being a valued customer, we appreciate your business and have a great day.
As far as I know, May 10th is just when the update was scheduled to be available for physical purchase. I followed up asking when they expect it to be available through Navigation Updater again.

Unsure why anybody would think that this is a good approach to customer relations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts