Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first, I was unimpressed with the performance and I suppose, the newness of my 2022 Tucson, but after driving it for a few hundred miles, I'm starting to enjoy it more and more. It seemed to get quieter, smoother, quicker overnight, perhaps those few hundred miles did have something to do with 'breaking it in' to normal driving, at any rate, I like it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was going to trade 2022 in for genesis gv70. The Tucson interior is nicer. Smooth curving lines. Maybe not as quiet but it's hard to tell. Price diferencial will keep me in my tucson.
Anyone else think the screen and plastic surfaces are dust magnets? Bought dollar store wipes to clean.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
154 Posts
Was going to trade 2022 in for genesis gv70. The Tucson interior is nicer. Smooth curving lines. Maybe not as quiet but it's hard to tell. Price diferencial will keep me in my tucson.
Anyone else think the screen and plastic surfaces are dust magnets? Bought dollar store wipes to clean.
I love my piano black console areas. I use waxy rags after I wax my car and its just enough to make them clean and smidge proof to some extent. Love the way they gleam and hopefully I don't get ay scratches with the wax.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the Genesis has the information center that 'sticks up' over the dash, which is why I love the Tucson SEL I own. The linear lines of the dash, no humps or bumps sticking up, just a straight linear line across, beautiful! If I had a wish for improvements....spring loaded steering wheel (It's on my 2001 GMC Jimmy..) and although mine has both packages, convenience and premier, I don't have the panoramic roof, which I desire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, the Genesis has the information center that 'sticks up' over the dash, which is why I love the Tucson SEL I own. The linear lines of the dash, no humps or bumps sticking up, just a straight linear line across, beautiful! If I had a wish for improvements....spring loaded steering wheel (It's on my 2001 GMC Jimmy..) and although mine has both packages, convenience and premier, I don't have the panoramic roof, which I desire.
You nailed it with the interior. I love the smooth design of the interior. I cant stand now the sight of a knob, an obvious air vent or a gear stick. It is gorgeous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the GV70 you are looking at 56 grand. That gives you the roof. When it's closed which is most of the winter it will look just like yours and think of all the money you saved!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After looking at used cars, which are normally good values, and having found none, I decided on the 2022 Tucson. I am very happy with it, comfortable, sight lines are terrific, the body shaping is super, a bit over $34K, not bad, and that guarantee/warranty, can't beat it.....I can live with the small sunroof that this one has.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts