Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve used the adaptive HDA quite a bit but noticed something on a long highway drive this weekend. When I’m on a 100kms/hour highway and set the speed at 110 for example, I see the HDA icon and AUTO icon show. The system works below highway speed but it appears either by speed or sensor that it needs an actual highway for these symbols. What’s interesting is the AUTO seems to trigger some setting so every now and again i hear an audible sound and the speed setting changes to the posted speed limit (100kms from 110). The speed then shows in green (100kms in this case).

What‘s up with that? How does one turn off this ‘auto‘ speed feature?
What triggers the change anyway (change in posted speed from nav system)? It seemed random.

thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

See about 1min in. This is the extent of my knowledge.
The speed limit thing is at 2:20
Interesting. It doesn’t say what triggers the speed back to the posted limit. Seems like my answer is to turn off Hda in the settings. I thought that would turn off the smart cruise and auto wheel/green wheel steering setting. Guess not … I’ll need to check.
I also noticed that when Hda is active the touch/jiggle steering wheel requirement is a bit more lenient.
Really wish some of those ‘safety’ features could be bypassed. For example, the green wheel assist needs to be manually turned on every time the car starts and the vehicle knows when a lead car starts in stop and go but times out and requires button/pedal to start again. Hate that. I wonder if that’s a hyundai thing or gov requirement.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
186 Posts
It takes a couple times reading about it, but what you are describing is that you have set the speed to match the speed limit. So you get a chime and the vehicle shows AUTO because it is now following the speed limit presumably after being below it in your case. Set the cruise control over the speed limit and that ends that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Kia Hyundai Channel on YouTube (it's run by a dealership in Canada) goes over the HDA features and how to set limits (I believe on at least some cars you can set it to be 10kph above or below). The host indicates that when the alert happens, you can push the cruise control lever button to resume whatever limit you set previously.

I realize that is for a Sportage, but I believe the UI is similar for many models. Info starts at 10:00.

And from my reading, it appears as though HDA technology overlaps with a lot of other features. I haven't been able to figure out a clear discretization there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I set the speed above the limit. It eventually chimes and sets it to the speed limit on its own. If I up the speed again it will eventually chime again and pull it back down.

Checked in my 22 Kia today and there’s no option to turn off Hda In settings. Will check the Tucson to see …

I also stumbled into a feature where if you press and hold the cruise at a speed it acts as a speed limiter and won’t let you go over It. I’m sure that’s spelled out somewhere in the manual but I wasn’t aware.

I did another long drive a few months ago and didn’t notice this happening then. Perhaps the map/update I ran changed this.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
186 Posts
I set the speed above the limit. It eventually chimes and sets it to the speed limit on its own. If I up the speed again it will eventually chime again and pull it back down.

Checked in my 22 Kia today and there’s no option to turn off Hda In settings. Will check the Tucson to see …

I also stumbled into a feature where if you press and hold the cruise at a speed it acts as a speed limiter and won’t let you go over It. I’m sure that’s spelled out somewhere in the manual but I wasn’t aware.

I did another long drive a few months ago and didn’t notice this happening then. Perhaps the map/update I ran changed this.
Maybe just spend time reading or re-reading the manual, it does talk about setting the speed limit independent of cruise control by holding the cruise button down. It's certainly possible something got changed with the map update, or you made a change not realizing this would be the result.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
154 Posts
It takes a couple times reading about it, but what you are describing is that you have set the speed to match the speed limit. So you get a chime and the vehicle shows AUTO because it is now following the speed limit presumably after being below it in your case. Set the cruise control over the speed limit and that ends that.
Yes one mile above or one mile below the speed limit will turn it off and no chimes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts