Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live with many hills and often can’t see down the road. My lights are too low on hybrid SEL trim. Does it require the dealership to adjust or are there adjustment screws available to the owner?

·
Registered
'22, Tucson hybrid, SEL convenience
85 Posts
Not sure where the adjustments are, but I would take it to the dealer for aiming. My guess is they may be right and you're just not used to the sharp cutoffs required to prevent blinding of oncoming traffic with these newer bright led lights. You'll also notice that the driver's side has a slightly lower cutoff than the passenger side, which is normal. How are they on high beams? You shouldn't have issues when you are using the high beams on rural roads. The dealer should have an aiming screen to check them for alignment.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
634 Posts
We don't have that. (Or at least I don't and the manual doesn't show it) Three of those buttons we do have and are together on the left side of the steering wheel, in that respect similar. No adjustment for lights.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
42 Posts
North American safety regulations do not allow manually (driver) adjustable headlights anymore. They require auto-levelling headlights for HID/LED headlights which use ride height sensors to adjust the headlights. If your baseline setting is off, auto levelling or manual levelling won't help you. Max height is "normal height" the lower settings are supposed to be used when you have more weight in the back or towing.

Since most people will not adjust their headlights on their own, auto-levelling makes sure you're not blinding everyone. Auto-levelling costs more which is why they only put it where mandated by law.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figured it out. There are white funnel looking things on the far left and right over the headlights with a screw at the bottom. Turn to the right they go up, to the left they go down.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
136 Posts
I find my SEL headlights to be disappointing, but I still get flashed as if they're too high. I wonder if it's just the reflector lights instead of going with nicer projector housings like the Limited trim.

Never seen an adjuster like that in the US, cool feature!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I figured it out. There are white funnel looking things on the far left and right over the headlights with a screw at the bottom. Turn to the right they go up, to the left they go down.
Sorry for the late reply but I just saw this thread. I love everything about my Tucson except the headlights. They're so low that at night you cant read the street signs.
If I'm familiar with the area it's fine, but i have to read the signs, it's a problem. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
155 Posts
I live with many hills and often can’t see down the road. My lights are too low on hybrid SEL trim. Does it require the dealership to adjust or are there adjustment screws available to the owner?
USA market Tucson do not have Auto leveling headlights.

Yes you can manually adjust both vertical and horizontal angles.

#2 Philips screwdriver works fine, a little goes a long way.

There is a Hyundai spec out there, but I found the factory adjustment too low and towed in.

I used a baseline of 30 feet away on level driveway before any adjustments.

Tape markers against a garage door of beam marks helped.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts