Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Tucson Limited has ~3400 miles and has been fine so far, but we recently started to notice squeaking sounds from the brakes ( I think?) Should we take it to the dealer?

· Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
492 Posts
It depends on how bad it is. Our hybrid makes a minor squeak from the right rear brake on some humid mornings, but one hard step on the brakes and it goes away. If it is constant while braking and never goes away, I would have it addressed sooner rather than later. If they squeak when the brake is not applied I would have it looked at immediately.

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on how bad it is. Our hybrid makes a minor squeak from the right rear brake on some humid mornings, but one hard step on the brakes and it goes away. If it is constant while braking and never goes away, I would have it addressed sooner rather than later. If they squeak when the brake is not applied I would have it looked at immediately.
Actually, I realized it's when the brake pedal is released, and no it's not happening when the brakes aren't being used.

· Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
492 Posts
You should take it to the dealer asap. If it is like a low pitched groaning, it is probably some dirt on the calipers or a minor misalignment of pads and shims. That shouldn't affect braking, but it is annoying. Since the car is so new they won't be able to tell you it's just "normal wear and tear".

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should take it to the dealer asap. If it is like a low pitched groaning, it is probably some dirt on the calipers or a minor misalignment of pads and shims. That shouldn't affect braking, but it is annoying. Since the car is so new they won't be able to tell you it's just "normal wear and tear".
It's taking ages to get a service appointment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts