Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
200 Posts
Day 12. its been 8 days since they've even touched it (It of course pings me when they get in it and don't lock it back up). The service writer has called me exactly 0 times with any updates without me calling him first. Ive called and left messages with 2 different managers, with neither calling me back. Last I heard was my above post, this past Monday my service writer saying it was a priority to drop the headliner, but it never got done. Kind of hard to fix it when no one even looks at it. But I guess the good news is I'm almost to the half way point of going lemon law on it.
Assuming you’re documenting all interactions and attempts, I would leave the service mgr one more message, then once you reach a week past your first attempt to reach him, I’d contact the General Manager or owner of the dealership.

Sometimes things need to be ratcheted up before people take notice. Even if you appeal to the very top of the dealership and get no joy, it’ll show you’ve done your due diligence to have it resolved, at the point where you complain directly to Hyundai.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
Lusting/Waiting For Tucson Limited PHEV
49 Posts
Funny they have to call the "glass guy" in. Back in a previous life when I was a dealership tech, we did it all, and called in one of the bodyshop guys if we needed help with any of the trim. Pull off the necessary inside panels only if necessary, put the blower on high and close the car up. Soap the outside up, and it blows bubbles where the water leak is. Not too hard to diagnose, actually. Apparently they don't know that trick :(. Fixing it could take time if you had to do it from the inside.
Excellent suggestion. Have they tried this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
An excellent suggestion indeed! If I could get ANYONE to talk to me......
Be sure to have somebody take a video when you go full-tilt-boogie-Karen on them. (And then destroy the evidence or share the video with us depending on how it turns out.)

Maybe take some dish soap with you and insist that the GM help you do the test yourself. Embarrassment is the strongest human emotion.

Joking............sorta. I can (hopefully) only imagine how frustrating this is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well, new development,...as of this morning I can no longer communicate with my car through the Bluelink app. Not sure if they disabled the battery, or Bluelink itself is down.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, new development,...as of this morning I can no longer communicate with my car through the Bluelink app. Not sure if they disabled the battery, or Bluelink itself is down.
Maybe they got tired of you remote starting the car and beeping the horn?! :p j/k

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Maybe they got tired of you remote starting the car and beeping the horn?! :p j/k
Ha! That's not a bad idea, lol. But the only remoting I did was to lock it when the left it unlocked the 3 days they actually work on it.

But I did THINK about at least beep the horn to at least get it some attention over the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Blue Trim
47 Posts
I'd lemon law it at the very first opportunity. It's taking a lot of time because the problem is not simple or obvious. Otherwise it would be fixed by now. Water intrusion is a serious problem. They total cars that are flooded. Make Hyundai buy it back and go get something else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, my 16 day saga seems to be over. They said its done,....they found 2 leaks in 2 seams,...he didn't say which seams,...and a roof rack gasket had to be replaced. He said its going to be detailed and he'll let me know when its ready to be picked up. I asked about the soaked carpet and he said its dry now. I'm not real happy about that not being replaced,...theres real potential for mold there now. I'm going to be thorough about inspecting it,....the headliner that was dropped, the carpet, making sure there's no new body blemishes. Sure seems like this didn't need to take 16 days....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well, my 16 day saga seems to be over. They said its done,....they found 2 leaks in 2 seams,...he didn't say which seams,...and a roof rack gasket had to be replaced. He said its going to be detailed and he'll let me know when its ready to be picked up. I asked about the soaked carpet and he said its dry now. I'm not real happy about that not being replaced,...theres real potential for mold there now. I'm going to be thorough about inspecting it,....the headliner that was dropped, the carpet, making sure there's no new body blemishes. Sure seems like this didn't need to take 16 days....
Thanks for the follow-up; could be instructive for some of us down the road!

No doubt you’ve thought if this, but take pics of everything to document, in case “push comes to shove”.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks for the follow-up; could be instructive for some of us down the road!

No doubt you’ve thought if this, but take pics of everything to document, in case “push comes to shove”.
I have and I will, thank you! Hopefully no one else needs to go through this needlessly long ordeal like I did.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just got back home. Unbelievable,....so I got to the dealer, service writer says to go drop the rental car off (which is about a 1/4 mile away), and by the time were back, he have it pulled up. We drop the rental off and walk back (No big deal). He pulls it up, I reach under the pass side seat, squish squish. Water sloshing around. I tell the service writer, he calls his manager. Manager says they will keep it, put me BACK in to the very same rental, and they will be shipping my car to a sister dealership 20 miles away to have their body shop looks at it.

This time they rented me a car for a month, if that tells you anything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Todays update. Actually got a call from the service write yesterday morning, said they where taking my dashboard apart to see if its anything with the A/C. Later on yesterday he called back and said that the A/C was fine, which I knew. Now they are going to pull the seats and FINALLY pull up the carpeting and dry everything out, then once everything is dry they will soak it again to see what happens. I actually went to the dealership yesterday to grab something out of it,....it had rained 2 days ago pretty hard. I pressed on the pass floors under the seat. Absolutely soaked. They haven't fixed anything.
In Florida you can actually start the Lemon Law process at 15 days, Im now at 19.
Also, my case worker at Hyundai corporate was supposed to call me yesterday. And of course, never did, Ive left messages for her, see if she calls me.
What a cluster F***

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Corporate just called, they asked what I would be happy with for a resolution. I said I don't want a refund, I want a replacement given for the potential for mold and mildew in the vehicle, and potential for shortened lifespan of its electronics thanks to all that humidity in the car. So its being kicked up to tier 3 for a decision on that, and they will contact me next week about it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Corporate just called, they asked what I would be happy with for a resolution. I said I don't want a refund, I want a replacement given for the potential for mold and mildew in the vehicle, and potential for shortened lifespan of its electronics thanks to all that humidity in the car. So its being kicked up to tier 3 for a decision on that, and they will contact me next week about it.
Good luck!

For Hyundai that would essentially be a Lemon Law resolution without all the hassle and costs. They could also take the vehicle back to their Tech Center, tear it apart, hopefully discover the root cause and improve their manufacturing process, thus reducing the likelihood of this happening again. (Negotiating tips, in case you don't do this professionally. Try to frame as much as possible in terms of mutual benefit, and phrase things as "I need" (which opens discussion) instead of "I want" (which triggers a yes/no response). E.g. I need a vehicle that I can trust won't have mold and mildew problems over its lifetime and whose under-seat electronics haven't potentially been damaged by water and humidity. I also need a vehicle that will yield full value when I sell it or trade it in, since by law (?), conscience (and maybe CarFax) I would have to disclose these issues to a buyer.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone! So,.....day 28 without my car back. Newest word from the dealer is they found a leak by the windshield. Now the plan is they will pull the windshield and repair the seal, but they needed to order a new windshield to have at the ready in case the old one breaks while they pull it out. It will be at least another week before that one comes in. Hyundai contacted me about 10 days ago and asked what would make me happy. I said I don't want a refund, Id be fine with a replacement. So its getting kicked up to tier 3 in corporate, they are the ones that can make that happen evidently. They where supposed to contact me last week, but never did.
And thats where I stand today. The saga continues....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone! So,.....day 28 without my car back. Newest word from the dealer is they found a leak by the windshield. Now the plan is they will pull the windshield and repair the seal, but they needed to order a new windshield to have at the ready in case the old one breaks while they pull it out. It will be at least another week before that one comes in. Hyundai contacted me about 10 days ago and asked what would make me happy. I said I don't want a refund, Id be fine with a replacement. So its getting kicked up to tier 3 in corporate, they are the ones that can make that happen evidently. They where supposed to contact me last week, but never did.
And thats where I stand today. The saga continues....
Thanks for the update! The best of the season to you and your family! 🎄🥂

21 - 40 of 52 Posts