Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So Hyundai corporate called me, I expressed my concerns about potential mold and mildew and degradation of electronics from the extreme humidity over the last 6 weeks of water in the car. She said she completely understood my concerns, and that was awaiting a call from my dealerships service manager to see what their game plan was, and that if I was unhappy with the outcome she would push for a buy back for me.
In the meantime my service writer texted me and said that there's a national back order of windshields, and that he would check again on the order in a week and a half. Meaning they will have it for at least 45 days at that point. So I wrote my corporate contact an email saying Ive been more than understanding and patient to this point, but its quickly becoming enough is enough and I need some resolution to this.

·
Registered
Lusting/Waiting For Tucson Limited PHEV
49 Posts
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone! So,.....day 28 without my car back. Newest word from the dealer is they found a leak by the windshield. Now the plan is they will pull the windshield and repair the seal, but they needed to order a new windshield to have at the ready in case the old one breaks while they pull it out. It will be at least another week before that one comes in. Hyundai contacted me about 10 days ago and asked what would make me happy. I said I don't want a refund, Id be fine with a replacement. So its getting kicked up to tier 3 in corporate, they are the ones that can make that happen evidently. They where supposed to contact me last week, but never did.
And thats where I stand today. The saga continues....
Why don't they pull the windshield now? If it breaks, put a tarp over the car and you are no worse off and still waiting on the backordered windshield. If it doesn't break, and they (maybe) fix the leak, you get the car back and continue negotiating with Hyundai. (Counter argument is that the car sitting there undrivable/undriven gives you a stronger hand with Hyundai.) Good luck.

·
Registered
Lusting/Waiting For Tucson Limited PHEV
49 Posts
So Hyundai corporate called me, I expressed my concerns about potential mold and mildew and degradation of electronics from the extreme humidity over the last 6 weeks of water in the car. She said she completely understood my concerns, and that was awaiting a call from my dealerships service manager to see what their game plan was, and that if I was unhappy with the outcome she would push for a buy back for me.
In the meantime my service writer texted me and said that there's a national back order of windshields, and that he would check again on the order in a week and a half. Meaning they will have it for at least 45 days at that point. So I wrote my corporate contact an email saying Ive been more than understanding and patient to this point, but its quickly becoming enough is enough and I need some resolution to this.
Do you want a buyback or like-for-like swap? If you like the car, and would buy another one with the buyback money, you might come up short with dealers pushing prices and the buyback possibly being discounted for mileage and/or age.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have a sunroof especially the panoramic one, ( I have a "Blue" Hybrid, no sunroof) ) that would be where i would look for water infiltration. Take it through a carwash and see if you can find a source.
I bought the Blue trim do you notice wind noise around drivers door ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
No I haven't. I drove my brand new White Hyundai "Blue hybrid approx. 2000 miles over a 5 day period round trip from New England to Memphis, mostly highway and there was very little wind noise, even at highway speeds. Check to make sure your window rolls up tight and inspect the rubber door seals to make sure they are fully installed, with no folds or creases. You can try spraying water around the whole door seam, then open the door to see if there is any water on the inside part of the seal. Also, make sure all the exterior trim around the windows fits tight. My son's Chevy pickup had a noise around the front edge of the front window, and it was a plastic molding that was loose and catching air. If the noise is very noticeable, I would ask the dealer to check it out, sometimes they can tweak the door adjustment if the door isn't sealing tightly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
OK,......they miraculously finished the car.Picked it up on Friday night, just now got a chance to wash it down. Seems to be so far so good. However,....sigh........they scratched and gouged the rear passenger side wheel well plastic in several spots, and the rear passenger side seat recline is now broken, and locked full straight up and down😞. What a joke. I just wrote corporate saying the dealership has 0 quality control, and I have lost all faith in the dealership, and Hyundai as a whole, and I do not want this vehicle any more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Sorry didn’t see this reply. I would have been totally fine for a like replacement, but corporate said there aren’t enough inventory for that to be an option. And given how the dealer gave the car back with the back seat broken, scratches and gouges in the back hatch and a hole in the carpet, I will never buy another Hyundai product again. I left a message yesterday with the service manager about what’s going on. He had his secretary call me to say the next appointment is next Monday and bring it in then. He didn’t have the decency to call me and try to smooth things over. I’ll be damned if I’m dropping it off again for god knows how long again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a shit show. I feel for you buddy!

But I BET the actual issue will finally be resolved now with the windshield replacement.

I had a very similar experience with a Buick I bought years ago. Same thing; dealership couldn't find the location of the leak.
They took it to an associated body shop, and discussed the issue with the tech there.
He said that he had seen this many times, and the issue was ALWAYS the windshield sealant; even if it didn't appear to be the culprit. He removed the windshield, ordered a new one and completely resealed upon installation.
Never leaked again.
Good luck with whatever permanent solution they come up with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So the dealership, who was promised to let me know how long it'll take to get the parts in last Monday, of course did not. Its just amazing to me that after everything that's happened, they still don't make me a priority. Meanwhile Ive written corporate a few times, asking if they are moving forward with my requested buy back, but they have also ghosted me. Leaving me no choice. In Florida before you can try for Lemon Law you must go through BBB for mediation. So I have started that process and sent in the required paperwork. Lets see where this gets me.....

·
Registered
'22, Tucson hybrid, SEL convenience
52 Posts
Interesting side note to your problem. Just noticed this recall today. It doesn't apply to our cars, and the ones effected seem to be ones made in the states (don't remember if yours is a hybrid from Korea or non-hybrid). However, it wouldn't surprise me if the list of vehicles grows in the future.:

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
34 Posts
So the dealership, who was promised to let me know how long it'll take to get the parts in last Monday, of course did not. Its just amazing to me that after everything that's happened, they still don't make me a priority. Meanwhile Ive written corporate a few times, asking if they are moving forward with my requested buy back, but they have also ghosted me. Leaving me no choice. In Florida before you can try for Lemon Law you must go through BBB for mediation. So I have started that process and sent in the required paperwork. Lets see where this gets me.....
Sorry to hear about your problem but didn’t you have Safelite replace your windshield five months ago?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts