Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
187 Posts
No complaints.

I think people squawking are not understanding what EPA estimated mileage is.

It's a average on a properly broken in engine with summer blend fuel.

Also lots of variables, speed, weight in car, wind, hills, wet roads, tire pressure, etc.

The most popular complaints I have read was poor mileage, followed with speed up to 80MPH and on a highway.

So, if your looking for that stated average, you won't get it on a highway with a Hybrid going much over 60MPH and certainly not with winter blend fuel.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm happy with mine. Dealer told me 42 (UK) mpg. The test drive I did was 42. I'm actually getting 43.4 since I bought it. I ignore the advertising mpg - in fact, I don't even know what they claim (I must go and look it up one day).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems to be a a lot of unhappy hybrid owners due to their Fuel mileage. I would like to hear from some of the people that are getting "good" fuel mileage
We have had a regular hybrid for a few months and are very happy with the mpg's. I just drove from MD to Myrtle Beach with a cargo carrier on the back and averaged 38mpg!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
783 Posts
Seems to be a a lot of unhappy hybrid owners due to their Fuel mileage. I would like to hear from some of the people that are getting "good" fuel mileage
I don't think you read the posts maybe you read the thread name?
That question honestly has no meaning to it as asked. Happy when? In the first 1000 miles or after the engine has broken in. Go ahead and read the posts not just the thread heading and eventually you see most owners see an increase at least as good as advertised both Hybrid and ICE. As the responses so far in your thread show.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
6 Posts
I have a 2022 Tucson hybrid and on a recent run to the East coast (UK), a round trip of about 180 miles av fuel consumption was 53mpg.accordinto the computer The route has very few hills and no motorways so speed was mainly 50-60 mph. As a UK gallon is bigger than US gallon(.4.5 ltrs compared to 3.8 litres) i calculate usage as 15.5ltrs ie 4 US gallons, mpg 45. Very satisfied with mpg to date (2000 miles to date) especially in town when quite a lot of the time car runs in EV mode. I very rarely use sports mode.Car is 2WD as the hybrid is not available in 4WD in the UK

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a 2022 Tucson hybrid and on a recent run to the East coast (UK), a round trip of about 180 miles av fuel consumption was 53mpg.accordinto the computer The route has very few hills and no motorways so speed was mainly 50-60 mph. As a UK gallon is bigger than US gallon(.4.5 ltrs compared to 3.8 litres) i calculate usage as 15.5ltrs ie 4 US gallons, mpg 45. Very satisfied with mpg to date (2000 miles to date) especially in town when quite a lot of the time car runs in EV mode. I very rarely use sports mode.Car is 2WD as the hybrid is not available in 4WD in the UK
That's better than mine, but my usage on motorways is around 70mph.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson HEV Ultimate
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think you read the posts maybe you read the thread name?
That question honestly has no meaning to it as asked. Happy when? In the first 1000 miles or after the engine has broken in. Go ahead and read the posts not just the thread heading and eventually you see most owners see an increase at least as good as advertised both Hybrid and ICE. As the responses so far in your thread show.
I read a lot of the posts under the thread starter "low mpg". And there is a boat load of unsatisfied owners when it comes to fuel mileage. Yes some people were "ok" with their mpgs and some are happy. But were many more that are not getting the fuel mileage that they thought they where going to get. That's why I asked the question on who is happy with their fuel mileage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No complaints.

I think people squawking are not understanding what EPA estimated mileage is.

It's a average on a properly broken in engine with summer blend fuel.

Also lots of variables, speed, weight in car, wind, hills, wet roads, tire pressure, etc.

The most popular complaints I have read was poor mileage, followed with speed up to 80MPH and on a highway.

So, if your looking for that stated average, you won't get it on a highway with a Hybrid going much over 60MPH and certainly not with winter blend fuel.
Yes , a bit of common sense goes a long way if you are looking for real world fuel mileage. Thanks for the feed back.

·
Banned
58 Posts
I read a lot of the posts under the thread starter "low mpg". And there is a boat load of unsatisfied owners when it comes to fuel mileage. Yes some people were "ok" with their mpgs and some are happy. But were many more that are not getting the fuel mileage that they thought they where going to get. That's why I asked the question on who is happy with their fuel mileage.
Disregard the fanboys who will defend hyundai at all costs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's pretty damn good for ice.
I’m very happy with the MPG on my Limited AWD ( ICE ). At just over 5K miles, I’m now averaging 38 MPG with highway driving.
Lol.. I hear you.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
100 Posts
On my first tank (haven't had it long enough to fill up yet) so far dash estimate has been 33-34 mpg. That's running in Eco mode & mixed street & freeway at 70-75 mph (any slower in AZ and you get run over). Coming from my Mazdaspeed 3 that got 26-27 mpg on premium, I'm quite happy with the improvement and the knowledge that I can look forward to even better over the next 6-8 months or so. 😎

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On my first tank (haven't had it long enough to fill up yet) so far dash estimate has been 33-34 mpg. That's running in Eco mode & mixed street & freeway at 70-75 mph (any slower in AZ and you get run over). Coming from my Mazdaspeed 3 that got 26-27 mpg on premium, I'm quite happy with the improvement and the knowledge that I can look forward to even better over the next 6-8 months or so. 😎
Nice! This will be a huge improvement from my 1500 Ram Sport that only gets 16-18 mpg. I also drive a 2019 veloster turbo that's tuned but still gets around 6l/100kms ( 38-40mpg)on the highway .

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don’t necessarily think we’re fanboys, it’s just we’re happy with our Tucson’s. Having a 2.5 Limited, I very happy. Yeah, it’s not a Mustang GT, it’s not a hybrid, it’s just a well built SUV. I’ve recently drove a late model Lincoln SUV & a Subaru Outback. They were either recall or gremlin plagued vehicles. In our Hyundai, it drives like a car that costs thousands more and everything works better than expected!
Fanboy, maybe? I prefer a calling us a satisfied owner!😀

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don’t necessarily think we’re fanboys, it’s just we’re happy with our Tucson’s. Having a 2.5 Limited, I very happy. Yeah, it’s not a Mustang GT, it’s not a hybrid, it’s just a well built SUV. I’ve recently drove a late model Lincoln SUV & a Subaru Outback. They were either recall or gremlin plagued vehicles. In our Hyundai, it drives like a car that costs thousands more and everything works better than expected!
Fanboy, maybe? I prefer a calling us a satisfied owner!😀
I own a 19 veloster turbo and there is definitely fanboys when it comes to those cars. Lol

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
55 Posts
Extremely happy with my fuel economy. City economy is awesome. Highway economy also awesome if you keep the speeds down.

If I choose to drive higher speeds on the highway, I don't blame the vehicle for getting lower fuel economy. I also don't expect to receive the rated economy in the winter (in any vehicle).

What I'm even more happy about is the additional power in the hybrid. Having good power, great economy, and great space for the family is a huge win in my books.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the 22 Tucson limited hybrid last trip from WV to Erie PA 470 miles round trip all hills and 2/3 70 mph drove the whole trip in HDA and averaged 38.2 MPG Had a tail wind on the way up and aginst the wind on the way back. 3200 miles on the Tucson at the time I started the trip. No complaints here avg.36 with Highway/city travel to and from work.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts