Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dirt gets on the wiper blades leading edges, and now and again, I lift them and wipe them clean with a small towel. Today was that day, the windshield was streaking after using the washers, and I knew it was time to clean the blades..then I tried to lift them to clean them...no way! You cannot lift the wiper arm from the windshield, it hits the underside of the hood.

I'll ask, just how do you accomplish this simple task? Thanks

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe so. I don't remember whether they go back down as soon as you power up the car.
Page 27 says, 'place wipers back onto the windshield, then move the control to 'ON' to move them back. I haven't tried the process as of yet, but I will today, just delighted to have good information on how to accomplish this task.

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Page 27 says, 'place wipers back onto the windshield, then move the control to 'ON' to move them back. I haven't tried the process as of yet, but I will today, just delighted to have good information on how to accomplish this task.
Okay, got it done, worked perfectly! Had to start the engine to get the wipers to go back down however, they didn't move when I placed the wiper control to 'On', but went back down when I started the engine.

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I always thought that if my wipers needed cleaning then it's time for new blades.
Wrong. Dirt gets down in the area where the wipers rest, the wiper blades pick up some of that dirt, and it sticks to them, causing a bit of streaking. Cleaning the blades help immensely, you should try it. My 2022 Tucson has 2000 miles on it, the wiper blades are new.

· Registered
2023 Tucson SEL AWD White
14 Posts
Wrong. Dirt gets down in the area where the wipers rest, the wiper blades pick up some of that dirt, and it sticks to them, causing a bit of streaking. Cleaning the blades help immensely, you should try it. My 2022 Tucson has 2000 miles on it, the wiper blades are new.
"Dead wrong!" LOL. Maybe I'll get some rubber conditioner for when I try cleaning them. We live in a desert so the summer heat really kills wiper blades here. Thanks!

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Dead wrong!" LOL. Maybe I'll get some rubber conditioner for when I try cleaning them. We live in a desert so the summer heat really kills wiper blades here. Thanks!
I'm in Colorado, but have been, often, to Arizona, and yeah, it's hot, especially the blazing heat of Summer. That would damage wiper blades no doubt.

· Registered
2023 Tucson SEL AWD White
14 Posts
I'm in Colorado, but have been, often, to Arizona, and yeah, it's hot, especially the blazing heat of Summer. That would damage wiper blades no doubt.
Yea, the most common problem here is that if we buy cheap blades, the heat will actually slightly melt the rubber on them, they'll stick to the glass and when we finally need to use the wipers...the rubber portion will be pulled right off lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts