Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the owner's manual there is a cooling duct under the seat to cool the hybrid battery.
I just received my car a PHEV a few days ago and I realized that I don't have this duct or I couldn't find it. Do any of you have this cooling duct in your vehicle?

Product Output device Font Comfort Tie

page1-60

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
55 Posts
According to the owner's manual there is a cooling duct under the seat to cool the hybrid battery.
I just received my car a PHEV a few days ago and I realized that I don't have this duct or I couldn't find it. Do any of you have this cooling duct in your vehicle?
Definitely have the cooling vent in the center under the rear seat in my hybrid.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
783 Posts
I wouldn't just assume that. Very possible PHEV does not need that because the battery is liquid cooled.
I was going to say the same I wouldn't assume they forgot anything, the PHEV may not need it like the HEV does. Certainly worth inquiring about if dealer has no idea look at another one if there is one to look at.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
203 Posts
The HEV has the traction battery under the rear seat hence the cooling duct. The PHEV has the battery under the front seat area and back of this point as it is a bigger battery and I suspect coolant cooled.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
783 Posts
The HEV has the traction battery under the rear seat hence the cooling duct. The PHEV has the battery under the front seat area and back of this point as it is a bigger battery and I suspect coolant cooled.
There was a thread but not sure here or another site, about the HEV duct. Someone posted how Hyundai screwed up because Toyota ducts to the outside while Hyundai's duct does nothing but go to the inside.
Turns out Hyundai is ahead of the curve. Engineers realized on hot days it is more likely cooler and cleaner air would be directed to the battery from inside the car than outside. I think in that thread someone mentioned only the HEV has the duct.

·
Registered
'22 Tucson HEV SEL Convenience
26 Posts
There was a thread but not sure here or another site, about the HEV duct. Someone posted how Hyundai screwed up because Toyota ducts to the outside while Hyundai's duct does nothing but go to the inside.
Turns out Hyundai is ahead of the curve. Engineers realized on hot days it is more likely cooler and cleaner air would be directed to the battery from inside the car than outside. I think in that thread someone mentioned only the HEV has the duct.
I previously owned a 2007 Toyota Prius. The battery cooling duct was inside the cabin on the passenger-side edge of the rear bench. It was also quite a bit larger than our tiny little vacuum cleaner attachment style duct.

Either way, keep those ducts clear and flowing, HEV folks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2022 PHEV and don’t have the duct either, although the manual seems to say that I should. I wanted to make sure that new floor mats weren’t blocking it, but it appears I don’t have it at all!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts