Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited. I am disappointed with my highway mileage. What kind of mileage figures are some of you getting?
Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate HEV
189 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cruise at 65 mph. I have 2800 miles on vehicle. In two 350 mile/100% highway trips I have taken I have averaged 24.5 mpg hand calculated.

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
366 Posts
I get better mileage than that in sport mode on the highway. It doesn't sound right. I have never gotten under 33 mpg on the highway. I try to stay under 70,mph, probably average around 65mph.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Cruising at 70, I get 33-35 (US) mpg. So, I would expect to get more than that cruising at 65. I use cruise control a lot, so that is doing all the thinking for me. Maybe that's a difference?

Alan

Reactions: SidneyShah

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
137 Posts
I cruise at 65 mph. I have 2800 miles on vehicle. In two 350 mile/100% highway trips I have taken I have averaged 24.5 mpg hand calculated.
I also have Hybrid Limited, 7,000 miles on it (since day one, last November - means, 4 months of winter driving) and digital cluster shows total average as 35.6 mpg.
In the last month ( temperatures are above 60 F), in mixed driving ( 70% highway at 65-70 miles/hr, and 30% city driving - at 25-45 miles/hr) on daily basis, I am always within 38 mpg ( based on digital cluster "Since refueling" data).
Pardon me, in advance, but any chance there was some small miscalculation ( you stated "...hand calculated..")?
What, if you looked at, digital display cluster shows as average MPG since the beginning, as well as "Since refueling"?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the hybrid SEL,. I was really disappointed with the MPG getting only around 25-28. As I put more miles on the car I started noticing a steady increase, when I got to 3K I was at 32mpg. But it wasn't until I hit 5K on the odometer was when I started seeing the big increase to the EPA estimate...and it steadily went up from there. Depending on the terrain and daily driving... I can sometimes hit 42-44 mpg. per tank. But on average I am getting around 40mpg. I also live in area where there are a lot of up hill driving. So I think if I lived on flatter terrain I would get more. The Manual does say something that it can take up to 4K miles before you see good mpg.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have the hybrid SEL,. I was really disappointed with the MPG getting only around 25-28. As I put more miles on the car I started noticing a steady increase, when I got to 3K I was at 32mpg. But it wasn't until I hit 5K on the odometer was when I started seeing the big increase to the EPA estimate...and it steadily went up from there. Depending on the terrain and daily driving... I can sometimes hit 42-44 mpg. per tank. But on average I am getting around 40mpg. I also live in area where there are a lot of up hill driving. So I think if I lived on flatter terrain I would get more. The Manual does say something that it can take up to 4K miles before you see good mpg.
Your seeing the expected mileage now that your car has hit the normal break-in period for most cars/SUV’s. It doesn’t matter if you drive a full ICE model ( 2.5 ) or the hybrid. It’s take the 3 to 5,000 miles for the engine to settle itself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your seeing the expected mileage now that your car has hit the normal break-in period for most cars/SUV’s. It doesn’t matter if you drive a full ICE model ( 2.5 ) or the hybrid. It’s take the 3 to 5,000 miles for the engine to settle itself.
Yes, that was my point.... Tucson needs a break in period. Although, with my Toyotas I got the EPA estimate right away...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes, that was my point.... Tucson needs a break in period. Although, with my Toyotas I got the EPA estimate right away...
Exactly, too many new hybrid owners seem to be freaking out that they’re now get the claimed mpg. As you stated, they need to get domes miles in to see the expected fuel economy.

·
Registered
Ultimate hybrid, Amazon Grey
153 Posts
Exactly, too many new hybrid owners seem to be freaking out that they’re now get the claimed mpg. As you stated, they need to get domes miles in to see the expected fuel economy.
Now with 2k km I'm getting about 6.8 litres per 100km on my HEV. Mainly city and local expressways.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucscon Hybrid SEL Convenience
21 Posts
Got about 2300 Miles on my Hybrid SEL. Seeing about 30MPG highway on 45min -1+ hour trips. Average speed around 70-75MPH. Very hilly roads around me and mostly uphill. I usually have it set to Smart drive mode. Mixed driving I usually see between 35-42MPG with speeds around 60-65MPH

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2022 Hybrid with about 4K miles on it. I get between 28 and 32 mpg depending on driving conditions. No where NEAR the estimated 36/37 as advertised by Hyundai. Time for a class action lawsuit?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
545 Posts
I have a 2022 Hybrid with about 4K miles on it. I get between 28 and 32 mpg depending on driving conditions. No where NEAR the estimated 36/37 as advertised by Hyundai. Time for a class action lawsuit?
Good luck with that when some others right in this thread area getting at or over.

Non scientifically, to me as I see the miles rack up posters are starting to show close to or above the average for Hybrid and ICE. Not everyone, but it isn't everyone who gets the advertised MPG with other cars either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts