Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have my Hybrid yet but I'm in the process of configuring a true tire/wheel combo for a spare. Could someone with a Hybrid measure the diameter of the spare tire/wheel cutout in the rear of the vehicle? It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is no spare tire cutout per se. There is a large foam item with storage cube cutouts in that space. At least for the US Limited trim.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no spare tire cutout per se. There is a large foam item with storage cube cutouts in that space. At least for the US Limited trim.
Was the vehicle you referenced a Hybrid? I took a photo of a YouTube image where the narrator specifically mentioned that the Hybrid had a cutout for a spare - photo attached.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was the vehicle you referenced a Hybrid? I took a photo of a YouTube image where the narrator specifically mentioned that the Hybrid had a cutout for a spare - photo attached. View attachment 149
The foam storage area is removed and the compact spare cutout is right below it. Compact spare tire size isT135/90 D17. There is no tie-down however. Other owners have used zip ties.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have my Hybrid yet but I'm in the process of configuring a true tire/wheel combo for a spare. Could someone with a Hybrid measure the diameter of the spare tire/wheel cutout in the rear of the vehicle? It would be greatly appreciated.
I believe when you buy a spare tire from the dealer, you get a new foam cut out that accommodates the tire and that replaces the one you have now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts