Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After seeing some comments and minor issues with the Tucson 2022, I wonder if it is worth buying the extended warranty. With so many electronic components, sensors, and other elements, don't you think these would not give us some headaches in the long term? What do you think about this, I would like to know your opinion on whether or not to take the extended warranty?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
33 Posts
I normally do not buy extended warranties but since this car is new, has lots of bells and whistles, I purchased the 8 year 160k Hyundai warranty. If I don’t use the warranty, I get $2000 back after the eight years.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,

After seeing some comments and minor issues with the Tucson 2022, I wonder if it is worth buying the extended warranty. With so many electronic components, sensors, and other elements, don't you think these would not give us some headaches in the long term? What do you think about this, I would like to know your opinion on whether or not to take the extended warranty?

Thanks,
I have been looking at that just this morning as my delivery is expected in the first week of February. The standard warranty is pretty good, and I hear that if you can afford any repair then it is better not to buy the extended warranty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The catch with the warranty is that if you use it past 100k for anything, you won’t get the $2000 back at the end of the warranty.
So for me, it was a $550 peace of mind if nothing goes wrong. I didn’t have any issues with my 2013 Santa Fe after the 100k expired and I traded it in at 160k so crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The catch with the warranty is that if you use it past 100k for anything, you won’t get the $2000 back at the end of the warranty.
So for me, it was a $550 peace of mind if nothing goes wrong. I didn’t have any issues with my 2013 Santa Fe after the 100k expired and I traded it in at 160k so crossing my fingers.
Why $550?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid $2550 for the Hyundai extended plus warranty so if I don’t use the warranty, I will only be out $550.
Have you negotiated the price with your dealer? Because on the Hyundai Canada website the extended warranty for 8 / 160k is closer to $3800

·
Registered
23 Posts
I normally don't get them, and despite the advice of my colleague, I ended up getting it anyways due to all the electronics in such a car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe one could buy extended warranty just before expiration of factory one , 5 years /100K
No rush

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also Hyundai mechanics always find something to replace under warranty inside 9year car with 140k mileage
$2000 cash back is just marketing trick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you negotiated the price with your dealer? Because on the Hyundai Canada website the extended warranty for 8 / 160k is closer to $3800
Yes, the lowest the finance guy would go was $2550. At first he tried to sell me a 3rd party warranty for $3800 with all kinds of crap that I did not want but decided on the Hyundai extended. I hate finance guys. I also paid $480 below msrp and it was a take it or leave attitude after speaking to the GM but since I waited 3.5 months for the car, I didn’t have much choice. Not happy with the entire purchase process and I will never use Car Cost Canada again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I normally don't get them, and despite the advice of my colleague, I ended up getting it anyways due to all the electronics in such a car.
Exactly, the “what if” thoughts in my head but the devil on my right shoulder pushed me into it. I wouldn’t pay full price for the warranty though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, the lowest the finance guy would go was $2550. At first he tried to sell me a 3rd party warranty for $3800 with all kinds of crap that I did not want but decided on the Hyundai extended. I hate finance guys. I also paid $480 below msrp and it was a take it or leave attitude after speaking to the GM but since I waited 3.5 months for the car, I didn’t have much choice. Not happy with the entire purchase process and I will never use Car Cost Canada again.
Do you mind if you can provide your seller's contact name and location? Just in case, when it's time to meet the financial dealer to have something valid to discuss the price. Thanks a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts