Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a ex trucker and I know how to drive to maximize MPG out of ANYTHING but a Ford Escape (they are crap liars when it comes to their mph)

This is a combined average between my home in Dyer TN to Metropolis IL and a little around there which is 25, 65, 30, 35, 45, 55 MPH with some flat and rolling hills and I got this out of a 2.5 non turbo/hybrid, so who really needs one and can only imagine if I could afford one what I could push out of it :O

42.6 MPG BABY!!! HIRE me Hyundai, I need a Job :D

Font Display device Electronic device Technology Map

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great, but considering its to get a combined 27mpg.......and a highway of 32 I do feel getting 10+ to what I was supposed to get out of a car that is NOT a HEV is saying something, IMO. And saying my HEV can kick ur non HEV's ass is like saying my bose blah blah blah I paid 10,000X More then your Boss so I get 5 more mpg more then you only because you can afford it now, and maybe get rid of it before the warranty is up, I do not have that luxury, I got my non turbo, with some whistles and a roof, and thinking waaaaaay long term and need to keep it.

So sure if I had the money to burn I may have gotten one for better gas, but then NOT, turbo can go out, electrics can go out, batteries COULD catch fire (along with almost any Hyundai/kia engines out there anyways), electric motors do not last forever, so maybe I do not get 5-10 more as you might, but when it gets up there in age well then, see how much them piddle mpgs got you as far as ur savings buying one of them vs all the extra crap to go wrong and cost you money. So considering my 19 Ford escape with the 2.0 wouldn't do better then 21.2, and my 19 Tuscan got maybe 31 on a down hill both ways with a down wind, Ill take 42 out a non turbo, NON HEV car ANY day of the week! Especially one not near rated to get that high on a standard petrol motor.

· Registered
22Tucson2.5 03TiburonGT
158 Posts
I'm a trucker too (for over 20yrs). But i waste diesel all day long because the company pays for it , so it's pedal to the metal I want to get home, Canada 14 hrs is max. Owner Operators with their own trucks sure know how to save fuel though,
I'm currently getting worse mileage then Hyundai advertised.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts