Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a text from my dealer today and said that instead of my “spaceship” Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD (gas) coming in June, it now has a date of July 7th and still no VIN number. With that being said, he also doesn’t have the exact price for me. I’ve already put money down on it since I wanted pearl/shimmer white exterior but they were being sold out so I had to put money down on one that was going to, eventually, be on its way here to Idaho. Is this normal? Why shouldn’t I just order a 2023 now. I would probably get it sooner. Haha. But seriously, is anyone else having issues like this? Shouldn’t the spec sheet at least have the prices? Mine literally says TBD (see attachment) i
Font Parallel Paper Paper product Document

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine had a vin and a final price when I put a deposit and then we waited 2 months. I think if you don’t have vin., it’s not even being built yet. I’m surprised they’re still scheduling builds instead of gearing up for production of ‘23 models. I guess there will be no major changes though since 2022 is all new style.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine had a vin and a final price when I put a deposit and then we waited 2 months. I think if you don’t have vin., it’s not even being built yet. I’m surprised they’re still scheduling builds instead of gearing up for production of ‘23 models. I guess there will be no major changes though since 2022 is all new style.
That’s what I was thinking. Why no VIN or price. The million dollar question, why not get a 2023 at this point. So I did some research and they don’t have a date for release in the 2023’s yet. I’m also thinking that if the 2023’s do come out and people are still waiting on 2022, the price should go down. The they are considered “leftovers” although they will fight with anyone on lowering the price because it was “ordered” before. I hope that makes sense. I am getting a bit frustrated being in the dark. People are saying there is a Hyundai site you can go on to track your car. I don’t even have that info. If anyone out there does have the site information to track a vehicle, could you please post it here? I would really appreciate it! Thank you for getting back to me Steve I really appreciate it have a great day!

·
Registered
67 Posts
That’s what I was thinking. Why no VIN or price. The million dollar question, why not get a 2023 at this point. So I did some research and they don’t have a date for release in the 2023’s yet. I’m also thinking that if the 2023’s do come out and people are still waiting on 2022, the price should go down. The they are considered “leftovers” although they will fight with anyone on lowering the price because it was “ordered” before. I hope that makes sense. I am getting a bit frustrated being in the dark. People are saying there is a Hyundai site you can go on to track your car. I don’t even have that info. If anyone out there does have the site information to track a vehicle, could you please post it here? I would really appreciate it! Thank you for getting back to me Steve I really appreciate it have a great day!

can’t track without vin #. Dealers are truly in the dark as well, ours didn’t have any knowledge until I got the call the it showed up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I missed the 2022 orders by a few days and I had to put a deposit on a 2023 Tucson N Line white. After 2 months, the dealer still doesn't have any price list or any idea as to when the production will start. I was lucky enough to find a 2022 Toyota Highlander XSE that will be delivered early June this year. I feel kinda bad because I've been buying from Hyundai since 1997 but it was too uncertain to try to deal with the dealership without even knowing basic informations (price and delivery).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your dealer most likely won't get a VIN and window sticker with pricing until your vehicle is on the ship.Even then, the window sticker may say something like "Not official. Subject to change." That's what the one I have says, with delivery scheduled for 5/23. To my knowledge, you're either getting one of the last 2022s to roll out of Korea, or you may get surprised and get a 2023. Everything I've heard says they're note even accepting orders on '23s yet. Also, sounds like they haven't determined what "port adds" will be on your car. Those are accessories that are added at the port by Hynudai, and you won't have any choice there.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate HEV
152 Posts
To my knowledge, you're either getting one of the last 2022s to roll out of Korea, or you may get surprised and get a 2023.
The OP (original poster) is buying an ICE, not EV/PHEV. Those are not made in Korea. They are made in more domestically.

This information is also provided in VIN. First digit 2 is North America. K is Korea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts