Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my infinite wisdom I chose to trust the 360 cameras and the PDC sensors instead of my wife - trying to squeeze through a narrow alley. There were some tasty empanadas on the other side.

Wife tried to warn me about a cinderblock step that was set low to the ground. I might have told her, "I've got this" and pushed through where the step punctured the lower plastic cladding.

Does anyone have knowledge on how to replace this part? Is it glued on? I've found the part online and am wondering if I can do it myself?

Thanks

Damage shown below:

Attachments

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Blue Trim
165 Posts
You can find instructions for replacing that part (or any other) at hyundaitechinfo.com. It's behind a pay wall, though. Minimum price for 1 wk access is $40. If it were my car, I'd try to fix it before replacing it. I've gotten fairly good at plastic welding with a soldering iron.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can find instructions for replacing that part (or any other) at hyundaitechinfo.com. It's behind a pay wall, though. Minimum price for 1 wk access is $40. If it were my car, I'd try to fix it before replacing it. I've gotten fairly good at plastic welding with a soldering iron.
Thanks for this info. I might sign up for the one week and download all the manuals.

The plastic is hard I doubt I can melt it with my small soldering iron.

I will try clean it up and fill it with epoxy or JB weld Flashbacks to first car ownership, held together mostly with JB.

· Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
492 Posts
In my infinite wisdom I chose to trust the 360 cameras and the PDC sensors instead of my wife - trying to squeeze through a narrow alley. There were some tasty empanadas on the other side.

Wife tried to warn me about a cinderblock step that was set low to the ground. I might have told her, "I've got this" and pushed through where the step punctured the lower plastic cladding.

Does anyone have knowledge on how to replace this part? Is it glued on? I've found the part online and am wondering if I can do it myself?

Thanks

Damage shown below:
Since it is going to be replaced, I would disect it gingerly with a dremel tool to see what type of fasteners are holding it on. You will get a better idea how it is attached when you receive the new part.

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
Most of these parts a clipped. Now is to find how they are clipped.
Or go to a body shop, play it stupid, ask how much they charge and ask how they would go about.
Normaly they ll tell you how they would take it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts