Hyundai Tucson Forum banner

Integrated "Dash Cam"?

18K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Narriones 
#1 ·
With the multiple cameras, many sensors, and available onboard digital storage, would anyone know of a way to use this as a 'dash cam'? It would be an easy software addition and then negate the need to install an independent camera system.

#6 ·
Apparently, they have this enabled on Tucsons in South Korea
looking for updates in Korea, I could see that also. Here's the Korean update site translated to English:

I would suggest everyone here do the same as I did here in Spain:
Send a Twitter and contact through the Hyundai website complaining that we need that update. I did this recently to complain that Europe was not listed (under the update site), and to have my car updated I need to go to the dealer. It hasn't passed two weeks, and now we have a Europe update site available!!! (Hope that it's thanks to my complaint :cool:)

#5 ·
it is unbelievable to me that my 30000+Hybrid Blue Tuscon has such a crappy backup camera. I installed an 80.00 aftermarket backup camera/ dash cam on my Honda Element that records hours of video in 1080p 30 fps to an sd card from front and rear cameras. I can view both front and rear views separately or in a 10 inch split screen anytime, real time or recorded video at the touch of a button.

#10 ·
Really?!? Are you saying that even our North American models are quietly doing this over the cellular network in realtime?

If so, any chance you can share your source? Also, did we all innocently agree to this in a privacy agreement somehow, somewhere??!

And BTW, given how dog-slow Bluelink operations seem to be, I'm having a hard time believing their setup is up to the task! LOL

#11 ·
It's really shocking the data they collect. The privacy policy is outlined right at the front of your owners manual just before the table of contents. There's a link there for more detailed info. You agree to Hyundai's privacy policy when you accept BlueLink. To stop the data mining, you must formally contact Hyundai and renounce BlueLink service.

#20 · (Edited)
Integrating a dashcam functionality using a cars multiple cameras, sensors, and onboard digital storage is a feasible and practical solution. Mercylion dashcam integration allows for a user-friendly interface displayed on the cars infotainment system screen, enabling drivers to start and stop recording, review footage, and configure settings with ease.