Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
332 Posts
This is why I posted I don't understand Hyundai (USA) isn't giving immediate help. Does that warranty only fully apply if you are in the U.S.? (If I took the time to read the whole warranty maybe it tells you...)
The only thing it says is over 150 miles away from home. It certainly wouldn't come close to compensating for all the inconvenience, but it should be available under this circumstance. Here are all the exclusions:

Exclusions
Off-roading is not covered. To receive service the vehicle must be on a publicly maintained road.
Roadside Assistance is not a warranty. For a description of the warranty covering your Hyundai, see the Hyundai New Vehicle Limited Warranty section of the Owner's Handbook. Roadside Assistance is a limited service, provided to help minimize any unforeseen vehicle operation inconveniences.
The Hyundai Roadside Assistance program does not include reimbursement for any costs/charges for repairs, parts, labor, property loss, or any other expenses incurred as a result of accident/collision, vehicle abuse, racing, vandalism, or other items not covered by the Hyundai New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Also excluded are services for snow tires, repairs to studs, mounting or demounting of snow chains, any fines, fees, or taxes associated with impound towing as a result of any actual or alleged violation of any law or regulation. Hyundai Motor America reserves the right to limit services or reimbursement to any owner or driver when, in Hyundai Motor America's judgment, the claims are excessive in nature, frequency, or type of occurrence.

Legal
Hyundai Roadside Assistance services are provided through the American Automobile Association, Inc., Heathrow, FL, and its affiliated motor clubs, which are independent contractors of Hyundai Motor America. Hyundai Motor America makes no guarantee or warranty regarding the services provided by the American Automobile Association, Inc. and its clubs, and is not liable for the actions of their employees or subcontractors. Hyundai Motor America reserves the right to limit services or reimbursement to any owner or driver when, in Hyundai Motor America's judgment, the claims are excessive in nature, frequency or type of occurrence.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi, I was driving my new 2022 Tucson Hybrid from Alaska in the hopes of getting to our new place in Texas.

I was between Mucho Lake and Ft. Nelson in Canada and going down a hill I noticed it seemed like I lost acceleration. I coasted down the hill, and yep, no acceleration.

I noticed the "Check Hybrid System" yellow light was on. Luckily, I was able to coast to being sort of off the road. I looked up in manual and it says to take it to dealership. I was only about an hour into the trip today.

Of course where I broke down had NO cell service. I was able to get a ride to Toad River Lodge and pay for a phone call for towing company. It was about 3 hours away with construction wait times.

Anyway, I paid to have it towed (realize no cell service or reception, so SOS button would not work).

A mechanic in Ft. Nelson hooked up my car to the computer and came up with a bunch of codes he didn't know what to do with. After hours of calling around, I finally figured out to call the Hyundai Consumer Affairs number, which is not open until tomorrow. Part of the issue is the nearest dealer is another 6.5 more hours away. Sorry, I'm starting to vent. I'll stop.

Anyway, does anyone know what is going on? I only have about 4,000 miles on the car and just bought it in early April.

Here are the codes
B104052 LKAS/LDWS missing error - without LAKS/LDWS unit or connector fault
B101052 ESC missing error
B100252 EPB Missing error
B100152 SCC/Cruise Missing error
B100952 4WD missing error - w/out HWD unit or connector fault
B100552 - Airbag missing error - w/out airbag unit connector fault
B100352 - ABS Missing error - w/out ABS unit or connector fault

Thanks! Any help is appreciated.
Any updates on your situation? We’re all interested if Hyundai Customer Service has reached out to help.

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
170 Posts
The only thing it says is over 150 miles away from home. It certainly wouldn't come close to compensating for all the inconvenience, but it should be available under this circumstance. Here are all the exclusions:

Exclusions
Off-roading is not covered. To receive service the vehicle must be on a publicly maintained road.
Roadside Assistance is not a warranty. For a description of the warranty covering your Hyundai, see the Hyundai New Vehicle Limited Warranty section of the Owner's Handbook. Roadside Assistance is a limited service, provided to help minimize any unforeseen vehicle operation inconveniences.
The Hyundai Roadside Assistance program does not include reimbursement for any costs/charges for repairs, parts, labor, property loss, or any other expenses incurred as a result of accident/collision, vehicle abuse, racing, vandalism, or other items not covered by the Hyundai New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Also excluded are services for snow tires, repairs to studs, mounting or demounting of snow chains, any fines, fees, or taxes associated with impound towing as a result of any actual or alleged violation of any law or regulation. Hyundai Motor America reserves the right to limit services or reimbursement to any owner or driver when, in Hyundai Motor America's judgment, the claims are excessive in nature, frequency, or type of occurrence.

Legal
Hyundai Roadside Assistance services are provided through the American Automobile Association, Inc., Heathrow, FL, and its affiliated motor clubs, which are independent contractors of Hyundai Motor America. Hyundai Motor America makes no guarantee or warranty regarding the services provided by the American Automobile Association, Inc. and its clubs, and is not liable for the actions of their employees or subcontractors. Hyundai Motor America reserves the right to limit services or reimbursement to any owner or driver when, in Hyundai Motor America's judgment, the claims are excessive in nature, frequency or type of occurrence.
AKCarla - Do you have AAA? AAA has reciprocal benefits with CAA in Canada. You might be able to leverage this, both for the Hyundai Roadside Assistance services provided by AAA and (if you have coverage) direct AAA/CAA services. (If necessary, and If there is no delay in benefits or "pre-existing condition" exclusion, you could possibly sign up for AAA now.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm pretty sure the U.S. warranty covers trip interruption insurance. This is in the text of my warranty. "Trip Interruption benefit: In the event a warranty-covered mechanical disablement occurs more than 150 miles away from home, and your vehicle is disabled overnight due to a repair in process, Hyundai Roadside Assistance will reimburse for reasonable expenses for meals, lodging, or alternate transportation. Trip Interruption benefit is limited to $100 per day, subject to a three-day maximum limit per incident." I don't know if it is in the Canadian warranty.
$300 is not going to do much. It is sad when an automaker doesn't give a crap about a new car failing. Long warranty but useless when you really need it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
6/23 update 7:30am
We are still stuck in Ft. Nelson. #CarlaIsWaiting for a Hyundai Case Worker

Thankfully, our car insurance, USAA will pay, via their roadside assistance, to haul car and trailer to Grande Prairie. They put the job out there and it's been 24 hours and no one has picked it up yet. It's about a 6 hour one way drive. I can't imagine many people would want to do it unless they are heading the same direction. The estimate I received was $3,000 to tow. I was told from a third party, that is not an unreasonable estimate.

I finally have a case number. Which I didn't even know I was assigned until I talked to Hyundai Canada and they told me Hyundai USA has to give me a case number and to ask for it. USA says I still have to wait 3-5 business days to even get assigned a case worker, but they did give me a case number.

The Hyundai dealership in Grande Prairie is more than happy to work on my car, but they need authorization from Hyundai Canada, who gets authorization from Hyundai USA, which has done nothing since I don't have a caseworker yet.

I reached out on Linkedin sending messages to higher ups at Hyundai. I'm trying to do all I can to get someone to expedite this. Technically, I have now overstayed my travel days of what I declared when I entered the country. If Canada wanted to go after me, technically, they could.

In fact, if we were on schedule, we would be in Texas tomorrow unpacking the U-Haul.

I don't have AAA. It was not available for years in Alaska. I don't know if it's available now. Lots of things advertised have exceptions for Alaska and Hawaii.

The Hyundai guy at Grande Prairie told me they have a hybrid that's been sitting on their lot waiting 3 months for a new battery. My battery is working fine, but that gives me an idea I might be out of a car for a long time depending upon what parts are needed.

It's so frustrating. You can't imagine. I spend all day in my hotel room making calls, racking my brain who I can contact. It's just a complete mess and Hyundai doesn't give a Sh*t.

Even U-Haul gave me 4 extra days of free rental to give me time to sort things out!

#CarlaIsWaiting for a Hyundai Case Worker

·
Registered
170 Posts
.........and good luck getting a one-way car rental, with trailer hitch, from the boondocks of Canada to Texas. If you do have to leave the car in Grande Prairie, and if you haven't thought of this already, Plan B might be to do a 1-way truck rental from Fort Nelson or Grande Prairie to Texas and hire some local muscle to transfer your goods from the trailer to the truck. The U-Haul web site did provide a (not inexpensive) quote, so apparently cross-border 1-ways are doable. Also, taking the trailer off the 6-hour tow job might make it more attractive.

Also, just in case HyundaiUSA gets pissy, you might try to document the estimated weight of the loaded trailer and confirm that you were under the towing weight limit. If you can't do this directly, and if you do rent a truck, you could get the tare weights of the trailer and the truck and then have the loaded truck weighed somewhere. PITA but CYA.

·
Registered
203 Posts

Thankfully, our car insurance, USAA will pay, via their roadside assistance, to haul car and trailer to Grande Prairie. They put the job out there and it's been 24 hours and no one has picked it up yet. It's about a 6 hour one way drive. I can't imagine many people would want to do it unless they are heading the same direction. The estimate I received was $3,000 to tow. I was told from a third party, that is not an unreasonable estimate.

I finally have a case number. Which I didn't even know I was assigned until I talked to Hyundai Canada and they told me Hyundai USA has to give me a case number and to ask for it. USA says I still have to wait 3-5 business days to even get assigned a case worker, but they did give me a case number.

The Hyundai dealership in Grande Prairie is more than happy to work on my car, but they need authorization from Hyundai Canada, who gets authorization from Hyundai USA, which has done nothing since I don't have a caseworker yet.

I reached out on Linkedin sending messages to higher ups at Hyundai. I'm trying to do all I can to get someone to expedite this. Technically, I have now overstayed my travel days of what I declared when I entered the country. If Canada wanted to go after me, technically, they could.

In fact, if we were on schedule, we would be in Texas tomorrow unpacking the U-Haul.

I don't have AAA. It was not available for years in Alaska. I don't know if it's available now. Lots of things advertised have exceptions for Alaska and Hawaii.

The Hyundai guy at Grande Prairie told me they have a hybrid that's been sitting on their lot waiting 3 months for a new battery. My battery is working fine, but that gives me an idea I might be out of a car for a long time depending upon what parts are needed.

It's so frustrating. You can't imagine. I spend all day in my hotel room making calls, racking my brain who I can contact. It's just a complete mess and Hyundai doesn't give a Sh*t.

Even U-Haul gave me 4 extra days of free rental to give me time to sort things out!

Our thoughts and prayers for you situation. Hopefully this will conclude for you soon. Keep us all informed how it’s going for both of you.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Blue Trim
119 Posts
A couple things you could do while you're waiting is check all the fuses, if you have not already done so, esp. the under-hood fuses. You could also make an inspection of all electrical connections you can see to make sure they are securely seated.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts

Somewhat encouraging at least some progress.

Unlike before when I wished I had something to contribute, I do now!
A very real possibility of the problem is this;

JF08 Harness Connector
Two have reported that was loose, the dealer found. I don't have a report from one of them, but the other says it does appear to be fixed.

"The JF08 Series are complete harness assemblies using a Flat Flexible Cable (FFC) compatible with high speed differential signals commonly used in consumer devices to interface with LCD/OLED displays, camera modules and various I/O daughter boards."

"Follow up to my post a few weeks ago... Issue continued to be sporadic and then drove from AZ to CA without issue until 9 hours into my trip and then all the warning lights came on. It drove fine with lights and turn signals working but no speedometer/nanny systems working. Happened on and off b/w CA to WA so took it to the dealer where I bought it when I got home. They said they could get to it in a month but I naturally raised a fuss regarding my 2 month old brand new vehicle so they let me leave it with them so they could see what they could do. They called me a couple days later and said it was fixed. There were fault codes related to "can communication." They "found pin tension JF08 joint is not fully secured. Re-secured connector pin." Essentially is was a loose wire. I've been driving it quite a bit for the past several days without any problem at all so I think it's fixed for real. (Fingers crossed! Knock on wood!) I don't know if this might be the same defect for others but hopefully it gives some people a lead."

·
Registered
170 Posts
Somebody else had the same problem, with solution noted.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Somebody else had the same problem, with solution noted.

OP just reported the solution for his car: Instead of replacing the OBC module, they ended up replacing the charging port and that seems to fix the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Update - Well, after I went on social media with #lemon commenting on Hyundai posts, I was contacted by a high up Hyundai rep. The Grande Prairie dealership was able to coordinate with the same tow company I used to get us, the car and the little U-Haul trainer to Grande Prairie, where the closest dealership is located. We got her Friday after closing.

Service Dept did diagnostics on it Saturday and did not find any simple fix. They think it is related to transmission, but no simple codes came up saying to fix this or that. So, even if they figure it out, they said parts would probably have to come from somewhere in Canada, Korea or possibly have to be manufactured, depending how severe it is.

Meanwhile, Hyundai offered to fly us out or pay to continue our journey to Texas. Flights are terrible - like 5 hour lay over in one place and 10 in another. We also have our cat which makes long layover very problematic. So, we are going to rent a 10 foot uHual van and just put our trailer on the end of it. Don't want to waste half a day unpacking and repacking our trailer into the van.

Of course, it's a small town and all uHaul places closed at noon on Saturday and are not open on Sunday. So, we are waiting until tomorrow, Monday to get out of here.

We will abandon the car and take up that issue later with Hyundai once we arrive in Texas and they have a better idea (hopefully) what is wrong with it. Next step is to research lemon laws and figure out how to handle these things without getting screwed. Meanwhile, we have lost 6 days of our lives with stress beyond belief as we try and trouble shoot all this mess.

Thanks for all the help out there. I loved the car while it ran, but it's a VERY expensive paperweight right now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Update - Well, after I went on social media with #lemon commenting on Hyundai posts, I was contacted by a high up Hyundai rep. The Grande Prairie dealership was able to coordinate with the same tow company I used to get us, the car and the little U-Haul trainer to Grande Prairie, where the closest dealership is located. We got her Friday after closing.

Service Dept did diagnostics on it Saturday and did not find any simple fix. They think it is related to transmission, but no simple codes came up saying to fix this or that. So, even if they figure it out, they said parts would probably have to come from somewhere in Canada, Korea or possibly have to be manufactured, depending how severe it is.

Meanwhile, Hyundai offered to fly us out or pay to continue our journey to Texas. Flights are terrible - like 5 hour lay over in one place and 10 in another. We also have our cat which makes long layover very problematic. So, we are going to rent a 10 foot uHual van and just put our trailer on the end of it. Don't want to waste half a day unpacking and repacking our trailer into the van.

Of course, it's a small town and all uHaul places closed at noon on Saturday and are not open on Sunday. So, we are waiting until tomorrow, Monday to get out of here.

We will abandon the car and take up that issue later with Hyundai once we arrive in Texas and they have a better idea (hopefully) what is wrong with it. Next step is to research lemon laws and figure out how to handle these things without getting screwed. Meanwhile, we have lost 6 days of our lives with stress beyond belief as we try and trouble shoot all this mess.

Thanks for all the help out there. I loved the car while it ran, but it's a VERY expensive paperweight right now.
Congratulations? Not sure if that is the proper sentiment, but you definitely found the right buttons to push. You got more compensation from Hyundai than I've ever heard of from any auto manufacturer.

For future reference, and if you have time, could you describe what you did on social media to get the attention of the "high up Hyundai rep"?

(It might be necessary for you and the car to be physically in the state where the Lemon Law is invoked. Maybe you can continue to take advantage of your new "relationship" with Hyundai to come up with a solution. If it is an outcome you would want, a low-loss, low-hassle scenario might be a replacement Tucson in Texas from Hyundai, titling the original car over to Hyundai, the Canadian dealer fixing the car and then selling it, with commission to the dealer and net proceeds to Hyundai. A possibly simpler variation would be selling the car to the Canadian dealer (who would then fix and sell it), buying a replacement Tucson in Texas (with expedited delivery) and Hyundai making up any financial difference to you.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Good ideas.

I looked into Alaska Lemon Laws, since that's where I bought it. I don't know how it compares to other states. My husband is still in Alaska until the end of July.

Alaska says I have to give them 3 chances to fix a vehicle OR if they take more than 30 days, which do not have to be consecutively, to fix the car, it can be declared a lemon. This applies to cars less than 1 year and still under warranty.

They have to either offer a replacement car or refund my money. Of course, it might be prorated for the mileage I used, which was less than $3,000 so, that's not much $. They also have to pay for reimbursement for all towing to dealership to work on the car.

I did go on social media with #lemon. I think that's what got the most things going. I also reached out to people on LinkedIn and they were close enough to the top of the food chain to get things moving. I had a cool graphic I was using and #CarlaIsWaiting I think that got their attention.

Sad that I have to do that for them to respond to me.

Thanks for all your help everyone. If they ever figure out what is wrong with the thing, I'll post it.

·
Registered
203 Posts

May want to contact Texas state attorneys office and inquire about Lemon Law fir that state. You just want to cover all the bases when Hyundai finally contacts you with a resolution to the problem.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts