Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow forum members :)

So my wife's Tiguan is up for lease end in September, and we drove several vehicles already.

Her favorite...the ID4.
My favorite.... the Tucson Hybrid.

What we both agree on is the dislike for the current Tiguan. Gutless with an indecisive transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the Tucson Hybrid is a very well rounded vehicle.

Good space, good styling, good interior, good speed, good fuel economy.

The ID4 being a full EV has that smooth sci fi kind of acceleration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So the Tucson Hybrid is a very well rounded vehicle.

Good space, good styling, good interior, good speed, good fuel economy.

The ID4 being a full EV has that smooth sci fi kind of acceleration.

So my wife's Tiguan is up for lease end in September, and we drove several vehicles already.

Her favorite...the ID4.

What we both agree on is the dislike for the current Tiguan. Gutless with an indecisive transmission.
Maybe wait for plug-in Tucson and test drive that one? It’s suppose to have more horsepower. Remind her of the additional cost of installing charger.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Her favorite...the ID4.

Even though you'll only have it a bit longer, may I suggest you get VW’s recent 24GB recall transmission and engine ECU updates. It really helps. What a Sport mode should be. Interestingly, the update doesn't seem to improve or even effect Sport mode.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Even though you'll only have it a bit longer, may I suggest you get VW’s recent 24GB recall transmission and engine ECU updates. It really helps. What a Sport mode should be. Interestingly, the update doesn't seem to improve or even effect Sport mode.
"24GB" is the name of the update, not the size.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Her favorite...the ID4.

We purchased a 2022 Tucson Hybrid about 2 months ago. After 1200 miles we have not seen any issues, MPG is around 35 but that is normal. The manual says it may take up to 6,000 miles before the engine is fully broken in. One really nice thing is the engine noise, I have rented other hybrids and cars where the engine shuts off, any was annoyed by the changing sounds levels when the engine turns on and off, the Tucson's engine sounds are barley noticeable, you need to look at the tachometer to really know if the if engine or the battery is powering the car (yes I know there several other ways to know when the engine is off). The ride is smooth especially over good roads. After 2 months, I am still learning new things about the car, the technology is very impressive, if you like gadgets, then this is your car. But the technology really adds to the safety, the collision avoidance, lane changing warnings and the backup warnings add real safety to this car.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We purchased a 2022 Tucson Hybrid about 2 months ago. After 1200 miles we have not seen any issues, MPG is around 35 but that is normal. The manual says it may take up to 6,000 miles before the engine is fully broken in. One really nice thing is the engine noise, I have rented other hybrids and cars where the engine shuts off, any was annoyed by the changing sounds levels when the engine turns on and off, the Tucson's engine sounds are barley noticeable, you need to look at the tachometer to really know if the if engine or the battery is powering the car (yes I know there several other ways to know when the engine is off). The ride is smooth especially over good roads. After 2 months, I am still learning new things about the car, the technology is very impressive, if you like gadgets, then this is your car. But the technology really adds to the safety, the collision avoidance, lane changing warnings and the backup warnings add real safety to this car.

Just my 2 cents.
Agree with the above. We're very happy with the Limited Hybrid. Just last night we commented how well the out-dimming headlights worked.

As I mentioned, I have a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium. It is driving great (after the 24G ECU and TCU updates). The dealer replaced some front end components, a rear sway bar link, adjusted a rear wheel bearing tension (notes vague) - all under the extended warranty. They matched another local VW dealer on a $69.99 oil and filter change. I replaced the engine air filter, and the cabin air filters myself. We recently replaced the tires with Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season II Plus tires. Very quiet and great handling. My wife and I both think its driving even better.

This said, I've a deposit down on a PHEV Plug-in Limited in a state that they will be sold in. Since the value on the Tiguan is so high, and we'll be able to take advantage of the $6750. tax credit, it may be worth getting into another new Tucson.

I did have a deposit on a ID4 AWD. I had a short test drive on a non-AWD, and enjoyed it. But, I think we'll go Tucson PHEV over the ID4. Where we live, there aren't a lot of high speed DC chargers, and none of the very high speed nearby.

I am hedging, and put a deposit down on a Ioniq 5 AWD - hoping that I find that a new very high speed charger has been installed - and the pricing is not too high.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agree with the above. We're very happy with the Limited Hybrid. Just last night we commented how well the out-dimming headlights worked.

As I mentioned, I have a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium. It is driving great (after the 24G ECU and TCU updates). The dealer replaced some front end components, a rear sway bar link, adjusted a rear wheel bearing tension (notes vague) - all under the extended warranty. They matched another local VW dealer on a $69.99 oil and filter change. I replaced the engine air filter, and the cabin air filters myself. We recently replaced the tires with Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season II Plus tires. Very quiet and great handling. My wife and I both think its driving even better.

This said, I've a deposit down on a PHEV Plug-in Limited in a state that they will be sold in. Since the value on the Tiguan is so high, and we'll be able to take advantage of the $6750. tax credit, it may be worth getting into another new Tucson.

I did have a deposit on a ID4 AWD. I had a short test drive on a non-AWD, and enjoyed it. But, I think we'll go Tucson PHEV over the ID4. Where we live, there aren't a lot of high speed DC chargers, and none of the very high speed nearby.

I am hedging, and put a deposit down on a Ioniq 5 AWD - hoping that I find that a new very high speed charger has been installed - and the pricing is not too high.
Auto-dimming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts