Hyundai Tucson Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our deep sea Limited Hybrid only yesterday, but are really enjoying it so far. We decided to start looking at vehicles to buy in the fall or winter, but weren't sure if we wanted a car or a smaller SUV. Currently my wife's vehicle is a GMC Acadia and we are getting close to retiring and having time to travel, so we wanted something with good gas mileage. We decided on an SUV because of the room, ease of entry and being able to see over snow banks since we live in Michigan. We have only owned domestic vehicles in the past, but the only one that interested us at this time was the Ford Edge. We started looking at imports and after awhile narrowed it to the Tucson and the Rogue. The features gave the Tucson an early lead, but me being me we had to explore all options. The Hyundai warranty sure didn't hurt at this point either. We had an appointment in the closest city with a Hyundai dealer, so I suggested we look at the Tucson and then go see the Rogue. After a short 5 to 10 minute drive in the Tucson, my wife said she didn't think we needed to look any further. Again, me being me, we went to the Nissan dealer, looked at the Rogue, and left. We waited about 5 weeks for the vehicle we wanted to come in. As I mentioned, it's deep sea with black interior. We actually wanted gray interior, but the dealer had deep sea with black on the way. Sold! Now that we have it, we like the black interior very much. As you can tell, we didn't wait until the winter or even fall to make our decision.

I'm in IT and love all the tech, but I can see it will take a little bit to get used to. We don't trade vehicles very often. I like getting my money's worth out of them. Therefore, going from my 2000 Malibu to the Tucson is quite a leap. The Malibu so far is the best vehicle I've ever owned but I guess it's time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We got our deep sea Limited Hybrid only yesterday, but are really enjoying it so far. We decided to start looking at vehicles to buy in the fall or winter, but weren't sure if we wanted a car or a smaller SUV. Currently my wife's vehicle is a GMC Acadia and we are getting close to retiring and having time to travel, so we wanted something with good gas mileage. We decided on an SUV because of the room, ease of entry and being able to see over snow banks since we live in Michigan. We have only owned domestic vehicles in the past, but the only one that interested us at this time was the Ford Edge. We started looking at imports and after awhile narrowed it to the Tucson and the Rogue. The features gave the Tucson an early lead, but me being me we had to explore all options. The Hyundai warranty sure didn't hurt at this point either. We had an appointment in the closest city with a Hyundai dealer, so I suggested we look at the Tucson and then go see the Rogue. After a short 5 to 10 minute drive in the Tucson, my wife said she didn't think we needed to look any further. Again, me being me, we went to the Nissan dealer, looked at the Rogue, and left. We waited about 5 weeks for the vehicle we wanted to come in. As I mentioned, it's deep sea with black interior. We actually wanted gray interior, but the dealer had deep sea with black on the way. Sold! Now that we have it, we like the black interior very much. As you can tell, we didn't wait until the winter or even fall to make our decision.

I'm in IT and love all the tech, but I can see it will take a little bit to get used to. We don't trade vehicles very often. I like getting my money's worth out of them. Therefore, going from my 2000 Malibu to the Tucson is quite a leap. The Malibu so far is the best vehicle I've ever owned but I guess it's time.
Welcome to the forum @Halman and congrats on getting your new Tucson! I briefly considered the Rogue as well but to me it's really bland compared to the Tucson. Were you looking at any other SUVs other than the Rogue and Edge? Have you started planning any road trips with your wife?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @Halman and congrats on getting your new Tucson! I briefly considered the Rogue as well but to me it's really bland compared to the Tucson. Were you looking at any other SUVs other than the Rogue and Edge? Have you started planning any road trips with your wife?
We checked out a few but narrowed it down quickly. We didn't really want a CVT, so that helped us weed several out early on. Subaru, Mazda, Honda, and of course Nissan were ones we checked out to begin with. We have a daughter that lives in Southern California, so that will be our first trip in a year or so. We agree that the Rogue is pretty bland in person.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts