Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a long drive today. Stopped once at some services, then again to pick up my father and drive him 1 mile to my brothers house. When I got there, parked up. My key stopped being recognised and I could not lock the car. No idea why not. Luckily, BlueLink did lock the car for me.

I went in and took the key apart. didn't seem to be anything wrong. Wiggled the battery - no, still didn't work. 3 hours later I went back out and it worked fine. And has continued to do so since.

The only thing I can think of is that someone had a powerful transmitter nearby and was transmitting.

Anyone else seen this?

Alan

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just checked. Both keys had batteries (Panasonic) with 3.02v. The replacements were 3.34v. So, I've swapped them out and I'll see what happens.

Alan

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did a long drive today. Stopped once at some services, then again to pick up my father and drive him 1 mile to my brothers house. When I got there, parked up. My key stopped being recognised and I could not lock the car. No idea why not. Luckily, BlueLink did lock the car for me.

I went in and took the key apart. didn't seem to be anything wrong. Wiggled the battery - no, still didn't work. 3 hours later I went back out and it worked fine. And has continued to do so since.

The only thing I can think of is that someone had a powerful transmitter nearby and was transmitting.

Anyone else seen this?

Alan
Just happened to me today. It wouldn’t let me lock the doors after I parked. Display read that key was not in vehicle. It was in my pocket. I started the car, let it run for a few seconds, and turned it off. Problem seemed to rectify itself. Guess this is what happens when we drive computers on wheels.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
634 Posts
Just happened to me today. It wouldn’t let me lock the doors after I parked. Display read that key was not in vehicle. It was in my pocket. I started the car, let it run for a few seconds, and turned it off. Problem seemed to rectify itself. Guess this is what happens when we drive computers on wheels.
My Brother's BMW does that from time to time. Car always starts but it thinks the key is not there sometimes.

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
My door only locks via proximity every 1 in 5 times. After spending most of my evening reading here I also believe it is an issue and not just user error. (And even if it is user error, it is poor user experience. Shouldn't be that hard to lock a door.)

·
Registered
634 Posts
My door only locks via proximity every 1 in 5 times. After spending most of my evening reading here I also believe it is an issue and not just user error. (And even if it is user error, it is poor user experience. Shouldn't be that hard to lock a door.)
Are you swiping your hand across? Try that and not going for a particular spot. Works every time first time for me and my wife.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Anyone else seen this?

Alan
Well, I went back to the same place again - and again the key didn't work. I restarted it, moved it 100 yards down the road and it worked just fine. So, I think someone or something is transmitting some powerful radio waves.

Alan

·
Registered
159 Posts

Anyone else seen this?

Alan
I have different problems with operations of the vehicle when I have my fob with me. First thing in the morning, I walk up to the read of the Tucson, and it starts beeping about to open the hatch, later, when I walk up to the rear area..nothing, I have to use the fob to push the hatch open button. I also have problems with opening the doors, same issue, works fine, go into a grocery story, come out, nada, have to get out the fob and push button to unlock.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have different problems with operations of the vehicle when I have my fob with me. First thing in the morning, I walk up to the read of the Tucson, and it starts beeping about to open the hatch, later, when I walk up to the rear area..nothing, I have to use the fob to push the hatch open button. I also have problems with opening the doors, same issue, works fine, go into a grocery story, come out, nada, have to get out the fob and push button to unlock.
(REAR of the Tucson)...oops

1 - 15 of 15 Posts