Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain why Hyundai doesn't appear to provide much tracking detail to dealerships? Based on what my dealer tells me when I ask for status, it's the same as I can find on the https://hiepcs.com/hyundai site. So far, once my vehicle arrived in port a few weeks ago, that tracker has an IR (in route) status that keeps pushing the planned delivery date out from the original 18 May estimate. I would hope the manufacturer has some way of tracking where vehicles are at any given time. I'd also think they should make that info at least available to the dealership, if not customers. What if something went wrong with a shipment? They'd have to be able to locate vehicles then.
If I weren't so anxious to get my new vehicle, especially since my trade in registration just expired, I wouldn't ask all these questions.
We are in a strange time here...

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited
9 Posts
I just went through the same thing. Tracking and dealer said 5-2 estimated arrival. Some truck came in around that date and it was on a Sunday but the dealership was closed. The manager told my salesman that my car came in so we drove out an hour on Monday but they could not find my car. New estimated date was 5-24. I had sold my old car already and had no vehicle for about 2 weeks. It finally came in on the 25th but I didn't have a ride to pick it up so I had to wait one more day.
I understand the website was not updated same day when it did arrive at the dealership. I do blame them for wasting my time driving hours and spending half of day on something they could have verified by vin if it was there or not. They also tried to charge me $149 extra for some lock nuts that was already on the sticker as $65 charge.
I am in love with my car though and I hope yours will be home soon!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went through the same thing. Tracking and dealer said 5-2 estimated arrival. Some truck came in around that date and it was on a Sunday but the dealership was closed. The manager told my salesman that my car came in so we drove out an hour on Monday but they could not find my car. New estimated date was 5-24. I had sold my old car already and had no vehicle for about 2 weeks. It finally came in on the 25th but I didn't have a ride to pick it up so I had to wait one more day.
I understand the website was not updated same day when it did arrive at the dealership. I do blame them for wasting my time driving hours and spending half of day on something they could have verified by vin if it was there or not. They also tried to charge me $149 extra for some lock nuts that was already on the sticker as $65 charge.
I am in love with my car though and I hope yours will be home soon!
Wow, a rough journey but worth it. Coincidentally, within 15 minutes of my post, my dealer contacted me and I'm finishing the purchase process now! 😃

· Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
309 Posts
The Hiepcs web site uses the same database as the dealers and the HyundaiUSA web site. It just has a wider geographic range and some sorting capability. Bottom line is GIGO - Garbage In, Garbage Out. It seems that the dealers are just as frustrated. HyundaiUSA practices mushroom management: keep 'em in the dark and bury them in bulls**t. Hyundai Canada seems to be a little more forthcoming with their dealers and customers.

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
100 Posts
Glad you finally got your car. When I placed my deposit on April 8, my Tucson HEV SEL was showing as at the port. The status vacillated between PA and DS on a daily basis for over 7 weeks before changing to TI, which my dealer said meant being prepped for transport. It arrived over Memorial Day weekend & I picked it up Tuesday night. One problem that is plaguing all imports right now is a severe shortage of transport drivers. Best luck to you on your new ride. I'm loving mine so far, just takes some getting used to coming from a Mazdaspeed 3.

· Registered
2022 Tucson 2.5L Limited AWD
56 Posts
I'm dealing with the same thing. My original delivery date was May 16th, then pushed to the 20th, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 28th, 30th, 1st of June, 3rd, 5th, now the 7th. It's very clear just pushing out two days. The status reads "IR". I see a lot of people state that states for "IN ROUTE", but I've always seen it written "EN ROUTE". I actually thought IR suggested it was transported via rail. My window sticker says Port of Entry is MA, despite my plan to buy it from a RI dealership. My guess is the car is sitting in a staging lot in Spencer, MA awaiting final transport on a car carrier. Like many industries these days, I think there may be a lack of truckers who can deliver these cars in a timely manner.

Interestingly, on Friday morning my status read "DS" which I thought for sure meant it had been delivered. Flipped back to "IR" on Saturday and I drove by the lot last night and did not see it there. Certainly very frustrating, particularly given that my current car is on its last leg (it's been a good 13 years!).

I have stopped contacting the dealer. I know they have no control over the logistics of getting the car on their lot, but also because I know I'm getting the same information they are from the Hyundai API.

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
100 Posts
I'm dealing with the same thing. My original delivery date was May 16th, then pushed to the 20th, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 28th, 30th, 1st of June, 3rd, 5th, now the 7th. It's very clear just pushing out two days. The status reads "IR". I see a lot of people state that states for "IN ROUTE", but I've always seen it written "EN ROUTE". I actually thought IR suggested it was transported via rail. My window sticker says Port of Entry is MA, despite my plan to buy it from a RI dealership. My guess is the car is sitting in a staging lot in Spencer, MA awaiting final transport on a car carrier. Like many industries these days, I think there may be a lack of truckers who can deliver these cars in a timely manner.

Interestingly, on Friday morning my status read "DS" which I thought for sure meant it had been delivered. Flipped back to "IR" on Saturday and I drove by the lot last night and did not see it there. Certainly very frustrating, particularly given that my current car is on its last leg (it's been a good 13 years!).

I have stopped contacting the dealer. I know they have no control over the logistics of getting the car on their lot, but also because I know I'm getting the same information they are from the Hyundai API.
My car was at Port Hueneme, CA for almost eight weeks before it finally got a ride to my dealer in Phoenix. During that time status alternated between PA and DS daily and date jumped around several times. It was only when it changed to TI that I confirmed with my dealer it was being prepped for transport. It arrived about a week later. Dealer also confirmed transport driver shortage is causing major delays in getting cars from ports to dealers. Just need to be patient and know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I was in much the same position driving a 15 year old car that needed work and tires to keep going.

· Registered
16 Posts
No port for me. ICE model from Alabama. But still, sure sitting in the lot in Alabama.
I convinced myself the 7 day jump, after jumping 2 days a time for 3 weeks, might mean it finaly got on a truck and they could give more accurate ETA.

One can hope at least....

· Registered
349 Posts
Can anyone explain why Hyundai doesn't appear to provide much tracking detail to dealerships? Based on what my dealer tells me when I ask for status, it's the same as I can find on the https://hiepcs.com/hyundai site. So far, once my vehicle arrived in port a few weeks ago, that tracker has an IR (in route) status that keeps pushing the planned delivery date out from the original 18 May estimate. I would hope the manufacturer has some way of tracking where vehicles are at any given time. I'd also think they should make that info at least available to the dealership, if not customers. What if something went wrong with a shipment? They'd have to be able to locate vehicles then.
If I weren't so anxious to get my new vehicle, especially since my trade in registration just expired, I wouldn't ask all these questions.
We are in a strange time here...
That seems to be what we’ve all been through. My heipcs listed 4-22 delivery ( IR) the entire time after we got a VIN number. Finally artived 5-6, pickup on 5-8. I think the dealers are as much in the dark as we are. Shortage of staff to move cars from assembly to train or boat, unload and finally get on the truck for delivery. As a retired over the road truck driver, even 10, 20 years ago there’d was a shortage of drivers. With all the COVID stuff, has just made it that much worse. Hang in there, as a 2.5 Limited owner, it’s worth the wait😀!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts