Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Deep Sea Blue Tucson Hybrid Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know if there were any software updates that introduced this feature to 22' Hybrid Limited?

To my knowledge, this feature is not currently present on the 22' Hybrid Limited however I'm wondering if they will add the feature via a SW Update?

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have lane keep assist, not lane change assist. Lane change assist is when the car will change lanes by itself when you use the blinker, etc... The Ioniq5 EV has lane change assist, Tucsons do not.
I was about to say the same thing. Tucson definitely cannot change lanes on its own. Depending on the trim level, it has LKA (Lane Keep Assist - it will warn if you drift over a lane) and LFA (Lane Follow Assist - it will steer to keep you in a lane).

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
42 Posts
When did you buy the car? Wondering if I should check the latest version of the driving assist software to see if there's an update. Did you do any updates yourself or had the dealer do it anytime soon?
See post #6 and #7. 2022 Tucson does not have LCA and will not get it. The other posters were mistaken about what LCA is, easily confused with LKA which drb227 explained in his post.

I don't know why you even want it. The car still needs your hands on the wheel quite often, lane changing on it's own is pointless on a car that doesn't have full self driving (ie don't need your hands on the wheel at all).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See post #6 and #7. 2022 Tucson does not have LCA and will not get it. The other posters were mistaken about what LCA is, easily confused with LKA which drb227 explained in his post.

I don't know why you even want it. The car still needs your hands on the wheel quite often, lane changing on it's own is pointless on a car that doesn't have full self driving (ie don't need your hands on the wheel at all).
True but I want to make that decision for myself. In any case, it's annoying that even buying the highest trim does not give you all the features the brand offers!

·
Registered
2023 Tucson Ultimate HEV- White (on order since Dec 9, 2021)
103 Posts
True but I want to make that decision for myself. In any case, it's annoying that even buying the highest trim does not give you all the features the brand offers!
This is what Hyundai considers Lane Change Assist for reference
"Hyundai Lane Change Assist
Many Hyundai vehicles are equipped with Lane Change Assist, which provides an audible and visual alert. The alerts are activated if another vehicle is sensed in the Blind Spot. But it will not detect all vehicles or objects in the Blind Spots. It depends on the size and distance of the object as well as the speed and angle of your vehicle in relation to other vehicles. The Hyundai Tucson is a great family vehicle with Lane Change Assist equipped."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yup it has highway driving assist 2, it's a more advanced level 2 autonomous self driving feature. Maybe the OP will be annoyed that we have HDA1 and not HDA2? 🤷‍♂️
I am annoyed! :/

I don't believe any do. I think the original poster is confused by the name lane change assist. In hyundai's terms its essentially a beep that happens if you try to change lanes and someone is in your blind spot.
Lane Change Assist in HDA2 shows this logo when the adjacent lane is clear (as I understand) -

Automotive tire Bumper Asphalt Automotive lighting Font

1 - 19 of 19 Posts