Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I have one of the leaky oil pans.
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

I haven't removed the cover as I don't have a lift. My appointment is next month to see if they will cover under warranty.

Has anyone contacted nhtsa to try to push for a recall?

·
Registered
41 Posts
No one is going to reseal an oil pan if it isn’t leaking and it’s not a safety issue so no recall.
True. There will be no recall on this problem. However, there may may if not already, a service bulletin released to the service depts recommending what sealant to use once the oil pan starts leaking. Back in the early 80's when I was asst service mgr for AMC and Jeep, we had the same type of issue. In this case it was the valve cover on the 6 cylinders that was giving customers grief. Inside of aluminum or steel valve covers, AMC went to a composite fiberglass cover with no gasket. Once it got hot, it distorted. A new high temp sealant was recommended as well as torque specs. We didn't have a problem after that. Now I don't know if Hyundai uses a gasket or high temp sealant or a combination of both. I'm sure they'll figure out eventually and cover it under warranty.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
203 Posts
Hyundai uses silicone from a tube to seal oil pans and it is not uncommon to have this issue - some models more than others. Luckily, it is a somewhat easy fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.