Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your driving along minding your own business and you use the turn signals to turn. If u do a right hand turn the headlights go off and likewise the other way. It didn't do it when we got the car but now it's doin it more frequently. I asked the shop in young where we get it service about it but they are useless and they couldn't find what was wrong with it. Does this happen to anybody else. I had to drive home last night on a country road with only the day time lights because the headlights wouldn't turn back on!! Not happy hyundai this is so farkin dangerous and a problem that needs fixing

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
Of course that isn't normal don't let the dealer get away with not fixing it. Find out if you have any laws in your Country to make them do it if they keep putting you off.

Have you made any modifications at all to the car. Different bulbs, tapped into any wiring, anything even remotely associated with the electrical system?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When your driving along minding your own business and you use the turn signals to turn. If u do a right hand turn the headlights go off and likewise the other way. It didn't do it when we got the car but now it's doin it more frequently. I asked the shop in young where we get it service about it but they are useless and they couldn't find what was wrong with it. Does this happen to anybody else. I had to drive home last night on a country road with only the day time lights because the headlights wouldn't turn back on!! Not happy hyundai this is so farkin dangerous and a problem that needs fixing
Of course that isn't normal don't let the dealer get away with not fixing it. Find out if you have any laws in your Country to make them do it if they keep putting you off.

Have you made any modifications at all to the car. Different bulbs, tapped into any wiring, anything even remotely associated with the electrical system?

No modifications to the car.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
If you are using Auto for the lights, try not using it, and the other way around, if you are not using Auto try using it. See if that overcomes the problem till you get it fixed....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know in some other manufacturers cars, when using the turn signal, I notice the headlights ( when on at night ) turn off till the signals turns off ( supposedly to see the turn signal better ). May want to see if that’s the case in your Tucson or if there is another issue.
Yeah I know what you mean but they both turn off. You have to physically turn off and turn back on the lights .I think it might have something to do with the indicator stalk. Wiring or something. But yeah its a real problem especially driving out here on country roads at night.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean but they both turn off. You have to physically turn off and turn back on the lights .I think it might have something to do with the indicator stalk. Wiring or something. But yeah its a real problem especially driving out here on country roads at night.
Yup, that sounds like the problem. Any luck yet with the dealer service department?

·
Banned
58 Posts
I know in some other manufacturers cars, when using the turn signal, I notice the headlights ( when on at night ) turn off till the signals turns off ( supposedly to see the turn signal better ). May want to see if that’s the case in your Tucson or if there is another issue.
There is not a single auto maker that disables the headlight when the turn signal is on. They only disable DRL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts