Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I am looking at reserving a 2022 Tucson Hybrid, however I have one question that can't seem to be answered directly from hyundai.
That question is if the recommended gas is 87 or 91.
Going to the Hyundai user manual site I got this manual for the tucson, but it doesn't specifically say what tucson it is referencing and it clearly says 91 is recommended. But looking at forums it appears this may have been a misprint early in the model year. But if that is true it seems like the digital copy would have been updated.
I searched the Hyundai USA site for specifications, and recommended fuel is not something that they reference.
I called the Hyundai customer service site, and the operator found a user manual that she said had 87 listed. But she said she got it off reddit and couldn't email it to me.. because they can't email out.
I called the two dealerships that are closest to me. The one got the user manual out of a hybrid on the lot and searched it but recommended fuel was not listed in the manual at all. The other one didn't have any additional information.

Does anyone have any information from a direct hyundai site about this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
783 Posts
Hi Everyone. I am looking at reserving a 2022 Tucson Hybrid, however I have one question that can't seem to be answered directly from hyundai.
Going to the Hyundai user manual site I got this manual for the tucson, but it doesn't specifically say what tucson it is referencing and it clearly says 91 is recommended. But looking at forums it appears this may have been a misprint early in the model year. But if that is true it seems like the digital copy would have been updated.
I searched the Hyundai USA site for specifications, and recommended fuel is not something that they reference.
I called the Hyundai customer service site, and the operator found a user manual that she said had 87 listed. But she said she got it off reddit and couldn't email it to me.. because they can't email out.
I called the two dealerships that are closest to me. The one got the user manual out of a hybrid on the lot and searched it but recommended fuel was not listed in the manual at all. The other one didn't have any additional information.

Does anyone have any information from a direct hyundai site about this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
It is 100% 87 octane. There is a mistake in the manual both online and in some printed versions. There is a "recall" for the paper manual for the dealer to stick on a correction to 87 octane.
HMA TSB (nhtsa.gov)

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
169 Posts

You can look at this thread ( see link below) - it also has bulletin referenced by Tampa8

·
Registered
3 Posts
I commented on this in similar but different post. I confirmed in section 1 of my own 2022 Tucson (SEL AWD 2.5L) PAPER owner's manual that it is 87. I purchased new Tucson in April '22. Though it doesn't explain why Hyundai download version shows it as 91, I opened a ticket with Hyundai Motors America and told them of this confusing issue. They need to explain why the discrepancy & /or why the 91 is still part of their download files. Until then I'm staying with my official Hyundai written hardcopy owner's manual which clearly states 87 not 91.
If you are on the fence to buy go directly into your Hyundai dealership and demand to see a hardcopy owner's manual, make a copy of the section 1 page that shows 87 as you also show them the downloaded versions 91. Maybe they will have a clue of what's going on. Main issue being they, Hyundai Motors America, need to get rid of (most probably) the online versions showing 91. People keep downloading it thinking it's the gospel when it's obviously wrong.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is 100% 87 octane. There is a mistake in the manual both online and in some printed versions. There is a "recall" for the paper manual for the dealer to stick on a correction to 87 octane.
HMA TSB (nhtsa.gov)
Hyundai is so 'f'd up on a lot of things. Otherwise I love my '22 Tucson SEL for the most part. Their documentation has a lot to be reviewed and fixed by the 5 year olds who wrote it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts