Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone had any issues using memory 1 and 2 drivers seat my 5 year old thought it was fun to take the owners manual from my desk and hide it so I am trying to find out anything. The memory seats I am used to that were on my previous vehicle worked simply by pressing position 1 or 2 after opening the door without pressing any other buttons after the positions were set for 1 for me and 2 for my wife but the 2022 Tuscon limited awd we have doesnt seem to work what am i doing wrong, we each have our own driver profile setup on the infotainment system any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
190 Posts
Vehicle must be on and in Park. Set seat to desired position then press Set until you hear a beep then press 1 or 2 to store settings. If you do not hear a beep or if the buttons don’t illuminate in the dark, the key switch assembly may be unplugged. You can also download the manual from Hyundai’s website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
once the 1 and 2 settings are set after the confirmation beep and the vehicle for example has last been driven by the number 2 driver and i want to drive it Iam the #1 driver should i just be able to press 1 and the seat go to my setting or do I have to do something else

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had to reset the "Driver 1/2" EVERY TIME I drive my wife's Tucson Limited Hybrid and it never properly saves the settings (it also doesn't save the AC/heat among other things). I retired from the automobile business, am very tech savvy, have easily and successfully accomplished these simple tasks in American and non-domestic vehicles of all sorts for many years, so this is NOT operator error, it's a software and/or hardware design glitch... and very frustrating - along with MANY other issues - like the ridiculous non-self-adjusting exterior rear view mirrors - way too many issues considering the cost of these vehicles!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree 100%, I too have recently retired from the auto industry and I consider myself tech savvy as well. I must say thus far I am not impressed by Hyundai, I let my wife talk me into this vehicle and I would do different if I had a do-over there are way to many glitches.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree 100%, I too have recently retired from the auto industry and I consider myself tech savvy as well. I must say thus far I am not impressed by Hyundai, I let my wife talk me into this vehicle and I would do different if I had a do-over there are way to many glitches.
I failed to abide by one of my long term rules: NEVER BUY A FIRST NEW REMODEL of any new vehicle because that's the one that's gonna have all the glitches, most of which will be fixed in subsequent years. Live and learn!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
181 Posts
Hi, has anyone had any issues using memory 1 and 2 drivers seat my 5 year old thought it was fun to take the owners manual from my desk and hide it so I am trying to find out anything. The memory seats I am used to that were on my previous vehicle worked simply by pressing position 1 or 2 after opening the door without pressing any other buttons after the positions were set for 1 for me and 2 for my wife but the 2022 Tuscon limited awd we have doesnt seem to work what am i doing wrong, we each have our own driver profile setup on the infotainment system any help is appreciated.
on the limited PHEV Limited the dash board actually tells you when to press the setting button and as others have said you must be in park. After you exit the car it should go to the last button selected on next usage.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
630 Posts
on the limited PHEV Limited the dash board actually tells you when to press the setting button and as others have said you must be in park. After you exit the car it should go to the last button selected on next usage.
Easier to say it doesn't work than follow the instructions I guess. I don't have the memory seats but I helped my Wife's boss with his. Works as it is supposed to once programmed if you wait to push the selection and you are in Park. Just as the manual says whatever selection you choose will be the one up next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts