Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't drive my 2022 Tucson much, only have just over 300 miles on it now. But, a few weeks ago, topped off the tank, was getting 16.3 MPG at that point, after topping it off, now getting 20.3, and I don't drive on the highway, just city driving. So I'm looking forward to those bigger numbers once I hit the road a few times.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
136 Posts
I was very disappointed in my gas model mileage all winter. After hitting 5k and 7k miles I saw steady increases, and now that it's warm out I've even managed 33mpg highway a few times! And that's with AWD!

It does take a while, but it will get better over time. I swear Smart mode gets me better mileage and even shifts faster when I need it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't drive my 2022 Tucson much, only have just over 300 miles on it now. But, a few weeks ago, topped off the tank, was getting 16.3 MPG at that point, after topping it off, now getting 20.3, and I don't drive on the highway, just city driving. So I'm looking forward to those bigger numbers once I hit the road a few times.
Its not a Hybrid that’s why

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
159 Posts
The big numbers are estimated 24MPG in city driving.

After engine break in period, driving habits play a large roll where you wind up at your average MPG.

Hybrid shines in the city easily hitting and exceeding the 37MPG estimated average for me.

Don't expect that number with the gasser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts