Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shouldn’t this have prices on it and not say TBD in the right bottom column? I would think these things have set prices. And if it’s not getting here until 7/7 tomorrow wouldn’t you think they would ask if I wanted those things? Just seeing if anyone else is going through this. I ordered it a month and a half ago. Well, not really ordered it, but put a deposit on one that was coming to Idaho that had the color of the exterior that I wanted. He said that was the only way possible for me to even get my hands on a Limited with the pearl white because they were sold out everywhere. Any help would be appreciated.
Material property Font Parallel Paper Document

·
Registered
118 Posts
Shouldn’t this have prices on it and not say TBD in the right bottom column? I would think these things have set prices. And if it’s not getting here until 7/7 tomorrow wouldn’t you think they would ask if I wanted those things? Just seeing if anyone else is going through this. I ordered it a month and a half ago. Well, not really ordered it, but put a deposit on one that was coming to Idaho that had the color of the exterior that I wanted. He said that was the only way possible for me to even get my hands on a Limited with the pearl white because they were sold out everywhere. Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 1120
When you say "ordered", it sounds as if you didn't actually write up a sales agreement or you would know all the numbers. On a limited the items shown as added features are included at no cost. The freight cost is usually shown on the Hyundai website, especially if you do a "build". Mine was in Canadian dollars so yours will be different.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Unless providing a down payment (aka consideration) I don't think it's even the first half step to an order - even if the deposit is 'refundable'. If just hunting for a ROM number simply add 3-4% to the comparable build of a '22. New model years sure are never less than prior, and this year won't be the manufacturers' sweet spot to choose bumping prices 'too much'.

·
Registered
38 Posts
View attachment 1120
A bit confused when you said coming in 7/7, then "tomorrow." If the car isn't due until 7/7, it may not even be built yet, or is on a ship. That isn't a final windows sticker either. The VIN is not a complete VIN, so the dealer may not even have that yet. Ask the dealer for a window sticker of your incoming vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is a very sketchy document. Regardless of when it comes in, that should have a full detailed listing of the price of the car, accessories, and freight. You can go to Hyundai's website right now and build a car and you can get all that information. There's no reason the dealer should be holding it back unless they want to load in all kinds of costs once the car actually arrives at the dealership. Did you put a deposit down without knowing the price of the car?

As others have said, it's much more preferable to get a purchase agreement that is signed by the manager that outlines the out the door costs. That is much more binding than whatever they gave you here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
View attachment 1120
Yeah, I ran the “VIN” ( thru hiepcs.com, the Hyundai VIN tracing service site ) they gave and it shows not a valid number. It doesn’t have the correct number/letter combinations and it’s too short. I would speak with another dealer about this pricing. I think your dealer is setting you up. Do some comparisons with other dealers ASAP.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you say "ordered", it sounds as if you didn't actually write up a sales agreement or you would know all the numbers. On a limited the items shown as added features are included at no cost. The freight cost is usually shown on the Hyundai website, especially if you do a "build". Mine was in Canadian dollars so yours will be different.
You are correct! He sent me an estimate of pricing with how much I put down what the payment would be. Then he took my deposit over the phone and emailed me a copy of the receipt. That’s all I have. I have a feeling I am going to get screwed in this situation. I told him they I had received a website to go to so you can check on your “order”. Which was this http://hiepcs.com/Hyundai. I went to that site and couldn’t find anything matching my description and it’s hard to find since I have no VIN number. SO he text back and said he wasn’t working but to go to this site: Hyundai USA | Award-winning cars, SUVs and electrified vehicles. This is just the Hyundai site. So, I have no idea where the car even is. If he received info that it isn’t coming in June, like originally planned, but coming 7/7, he had to know more, and have more info than what he is telling me. I think he doesn’t believe I can afford the vehicle or my credit won’t be good enough, or whatever. I’ve been working on my credit and is now high 600’s, also have a credit card that I charge and pay right off and my husband and I are saving at least 5 more thousand to put down. So, I should have no problems. I just don’t know how to get answers. I don’t even know where the car is that I put money down on. It’s crazy. Unfortunately I am in Idaho and there just aren’t many dealers for Hyundai here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a very sketchy document. Regardless of when it comes in, that should have a full detailed listing of the price of the car, accessories, and freight. You can go to Hyundai's website right now and build a car and you can get all that information. There's no reason the dealer should be holding it back unless they want to load in all kinds of costs once the car actually arrives at the dealership. Did you put a deposit down without knowing the price of the car?

As others have said, it's much more preferable to get a purchase agreement that is signed by the manager that outlines the out the door costs. That is much more binding than whatever they gave you here.
I agree. I am going to get in touch with him today and tell him I want something in writing, signed by the manager.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts