Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am a new owner of a 2022 Tucson SEL with convenience package.

I can't figure out how to use the navigation. All the videos and manuals show a physical NAV button or option under settings - I have neither.

Is it possible that this high tech car does not come with navigation?

I can't get Android Auto to pair with my phone, so am I SOL?

I appreciate your input and hope that navigation is there but just hiding somewhere in the settings.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucscon Hybrid SEL Convenience
21 Posts
Hi,

I can't figure out how to use the navigation. All the videos and manuals show a physical NAV button or option under settings - I have neither.

I appreciate your input and hope that navigation is there but just hiding somewhere in the settings.

Thanks.
The SEL w/Convenience does not come with the NAV unit (10.25" screen), only the 8" one without NAV. It's main advantage is that you can use Wireless Apple Carplay or Android Auto (NAV unit is wired CP or AA only), but, of course, the drawback is a smaller screen and no built in NAV. The only way to get the NAV unit was to have gone with the Limited trim. I went with the Hybrid SEL w/Conv, since I didn't think ventilated seats, Heated steering, 360 cameras, NAV or a slightly larger screen was worth $6K more.

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
455 Posts
Hi,

Thanks.
I know this may be a stupid question but do you have the Android app installed on your phone? Also there are a couple of settings on the infotainment system, one to enable the left usb port, (the only one that will work for Android). Wireless will only work with Android 8 or higher. Can't remember the other settings, maybe something to do with wireless? Anyway it is in your separate infotainment manual. You shouldn't have been allowed to leave the dealership without at least being offered instructions on how to do this. Your dealer sucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. It is really disappointing as I thought this was just a standard feature on cars with these gigantic screens and computer systems.

Yeah I do have the app on my phone. It will connect over bluetooth so I can make calls thru the system and listen to music wirelessly. But the Android auto connection wont pair and it is so frustrating.

Thanks for the tip on the usb port - I will see what I can find on that in the settings.

Btw the dealership delivered my car to my driveway so I never actually went to their location. I asked for social distancing so perhaps my fault that they didnt explain any features.

It just makes no sense to me why nav wouldn't be standard. There is so much tech on this thing. And now it is requiring that I configure another device in order to figure out where I'm going. So so so annoyed. I saw navigation listed as a feature for the tucson but nowhere in all the comparisons of trims did I see any mention that it was trim specific. I did so much research and cant believe I missed this.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
634 Posts
Thanks. It is really disappointing as I thought this was just a standard feature on cars with these gigantic screens and computer systems.

Yeah I do have the app on my phone. It will connect over bluetooth so I can make calls thru the system and listen to music wirelessly. But the Android auto connection wont pair and it is so frustrating.

Thanks for the tip on the usb port - I will see what I can find on that in the settings.

Btw the dealership delivered my car to my driveway so I never actually went to their location. I asked for social distancing so perhaps my fault that they didnt explain any features.

It just makes no sense to me why nav wouldn't be standard. There is so much tech on this thing. And now it is requiring that I configure another device in order to figure out where I'm going. So so so annoyed. I saw navigation listed as a feature for the tucson but nowhere in all the comparisons of trims did I see any mention that it was trim specific. I did so much research and cant believe I missed this.
If you look around very few cars come with the built in navigation unless you get the top trim of that model. There is a reason for it. Survey after survey shows people don't like the updating needed for it, where as using Google maps through the built in screen (Android Auto/Google Maps or Apple) is always up to date. It also integrates with using google maps on your computer etc - sending destinations, saving destinations etc...without being in the car.

Also you should have been able to read the window sticker online before buying it. I realized early on you have do alot of research and maybe ask questions before buying because it really can be complicated to figure out what features are or are not on a new car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this. I feel like I did a lot of research focused on safety measures and assumed nav was standard (I had a low tech camry for the past 12 years so all this is new to me).

I see your point about people wanting to use their phones instead. It is a nice feature if I can actually get it to work. And I guess interrupted or difficulties in pairing the device makes me wish there was a backup.

Sigh.

Thanks for clarifying and my next task is figuring out why I can't get android auto to work!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this. I feel like I did a lot of research focused on safety measures and assumed nav was standard (I had a low tech camry for the past 12 years so all this is new to me).

I see your point about people wanting to use their phones instead. It is a nice feature if I can actually get it to work. And I guess interrupted or difficulties in pairing the device makes me wish there was a backup.

Sigh.

Thanks for clarifying and my next task is figuring out why I can't get android auto to work!
You're not alone. I've only had the car for 4 days and have already driven 1000 miles. So far I really like the car and navigation works fine as long as my phone is plugged in. However, the main reason I like the standalone car navigation is that it is independent of a network signal that your phone relies on. The network where I am now is horrible and adding/changing the destination can be slow or impossible. Now I know to download offline maps to Google before going places. And yes, I suppose the flip side of the in car nav is that the maps may be outdated, but that is not something I've encountered with my other car.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
634 Posts
You're not alone. I've only had the car for 4 days and have already driven 1000 miles. So far I really like the car and navigation works fine as long as my phone is plugged in. However, the main reason I like the standalone car navigation is that it is independent of a network signal that your phone relies on. The network where I am now is horrible and adding/changing the destination can be slow or impossible. Now I know to download offline maps to Google before going places. And yes, I suppose the flip side of the in car nav is that the maps may be outdated, but that is not something I've encountered with my other car.
I am using my Garmin especially for spur of the moment directions needed more than Android Auto though wireless AA does work well. I have the power cable hidden and it fits well into the corner of the dash and is voice activated. Longer trips we tend to use AA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts