Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited Phantom Black w/ Black Interior
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just did the update after buying my car in May. Doesnt seem to do to much but i want to keep it up to date. Just a heads up for those who do not know.
You will need a 64gig Flashdrive and about an hour once you start the process in the car. Downlaoding the program before this depends on your connection speed. It is a large file.
Put the flashdive in before starting the car and follow the prompt
Light Gauge Speedometer Trip computer Car
s. Dont give up once it starts it will finish on its own.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
122 Posts
So i just did the update after buying my car in May. Doesnt seem to do to much but i want to keep it up to date. Just a heads up for those who do not know.
You will need a 64gig Flashdrive and about an hour once you start the process in the car. Downlaoding the program before this depends on your connection speed. It is a large file.
Put the flashdive in before starting the car and follow the prompt View attachment 262 s. Dont give up once it starts it will finish on its own.
A couple of questions:
1. Can you please share the the link from which we can download the navigation update file?
2. How do we find what version we currently have so we can make a choice about whether or not it's needed or worthwhile?
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as for finding out what version you have in the vehicle so to settings on the infotainment system look for software version( I cant remember the exact title and take a photo so you can
Font Gadget Display device Electronic device Multimedia
compare the 2.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just did this update ... some notes/details to help those who are interested in doing this.

You will need a 64gig Flashdrive and about an hour once you start the process in the car.
For Windows, the "Updater Program" install package (NavigationUpdaterSetup.exe) is a single file, just under 32MB in size. Once you install and run this application, follow its prompts to download the actual Tucson Nav update files saved to your local hard drive, and to then transfer them to a Flashdrive (aka USB key), the one used to perform the in-car update. When I did it, these 16 files totaled just under 25GB, so a 32GB USB key was sufficient. Notably, the program does NOT leave a copy of these files on your hard drive.

The in-car process for me was about 32 mins from start to finish (including 2 auto-restarts of the infotainment system). Mine completed in much less than an hour, possibly because I used a high-transfer speed USB 3 key. Since relaxing to the Bose system wasn't an option (the update renders the infotainment system inoperable), I used the time to run a cable from the front USB charging port to power my dash cam!

To avoid running down the battery, I had my car "ON" in Park, so the engine only ran occasionally - even so, I backed out of my garage to do it. As @Heavybob23 suggested, things go smoother if you insert the USB key prior to starting the car, though if you don't, it will prompt you.

HTH!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just did this update ... some notes/details to help those who are interested in doing this.

For Windows, the "Updater Program" install package (NavigationUpdaterSetup.exe) is a single file, just under 32MB in size. Once you install and run this application, follow its prompts to download the actual Tucson Nav update files saved to your local hard drive, and to then transfer them to a Flashdrive (aka USB key), the one used to perform the in-car update. When I did it, these 16 files totaled just under 25GB, so a 32GB USB key was sufficient. Notably, the program does NOT leave a copy of these files on your hard drive.

The in-car process for me was about 32 mins from start to finish (including 2 auto-restarts of the infotainment system). Mine completed in much less than an hour, possibly because I used a high-transfer speed USB 3 key. Since relaxing to the Bose system wasn't an option (the update renders the infotainment system inoperable), I used the time to run a cable from the front USB charging port to power my dash cam!

To avoid running down the battery, I had my car "ON" in Park, so the engine only ran occasionally - even so, I backed out of my garage to do it. As @Heavybob23 suggested, things go smoother if you insert the USB key prior to starting the car, though if you don't, it will prompt you.

HTH!
The 64gb drive is what Hyundai specifys. With the total amount of time involved I didn't want to get half way through and need to start over.
Thanks for adding the Downloader part to this post. I had a total of 5 files that were used on my update.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just to follow up, the pic below shows my car's version numbers pre-update on the left (except for the Map, which I think was NAM.13.47.50.610.301), and post-update on the right. Sure seems like this "Nav Update" also updated the Infotainment Software and Firmware! Who knows, maybe it'll make my CarPlay more stable too (here's hoping)!
Font Publication Electric blue Audio equipment Multimedia

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited
3 Posts
I did the update this past weekend. The files for me were around 29gig and I used a 32 gig thumb drive. It took 1 hr 5 minutes to complete for me - I was using a USB 2.0 drive so maybe as mentioned the 3.0 transferred a lot faster. Have since ordered a 64 gig 3.0 thumb drive .

·
Registered
122 Posts
The navigation map updates not available until November 1st. This update was only infotainment software as per Myhundai site.
I guess it depends upon your build/delivery date and when (if) you last updated. You can tell by my pics that everything was updated on my Canadian vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts