Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2022 Tucson Limited is fully registered on the MyHyundai web site. Proper VIN, etc. When I log into the Navigation Updater, using the same e-mail address and password, it says that there are no vehicles registered for that account. Has anybody else seen/fixed this problem?

I have a ticket open with Hyundai, but their efforts are usually somewhere between incompetent and laughable so I'm not hopeful.

I can update as a guest, of course, but this problem might be related to another issue/ticket. In the car I am not presented with the option to download any of the Blue Link Alerts apps.

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
121 Posts
My 2022 Tucson Limited is fully registered on the MyHyundai web site. Proper VIN, etc. When I log into the Navigation Updater, using the same e-mail address and password, it says that there are no vehicles registered for that account. Has anybody else seen/fixed this problem?

I have a ticket open with Hyundai, but their efforts are usually somewhere between incompetent and laughable so I'm not hopeful.

I can update as a guest, of course, but this problem might be related to another issue/ticket. In the car I am not presented with the option to download any of the Blue Link Alerts apps.
I don't think "Navigation Updater" software on your computer is in any way related to your car VIN or even "cares" if you have or have not registered your car.
This program, as far as I can see on my computer ( see screenshot below), only needs to know what car model you want to download software for - that's it.
Will you install it on your own car or your neighbor's car - it doesn't care.
So, I would think that you can safely go ahead, tell "Navigation Updater" what car model you want to look for/download software for and let it run.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Electronic device

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think "Navigation Updater" software on your computer is in any way related to your car VIN or even "cares" if you have or have not registered your car.
This program, as far as I can see on my computer ( see screenshot below), only needs to know what car model you want to download software for - that's it.
Will you install it on your own car or your neighbor's car - it doesn't care.
So, I would think that you can safely go ahead, tell "Navigation Updater" what car model you want to look for/download software for and let it run.
View attachment 1176
I did the previous update as "guest", and I'll probably do the current update the same way (now that I have a large enough thumb drive), but this is a PITA and could be related to the other problem. As an old tyme programmer, it sounds to me like they have separate systems bolted together that don't reliably share data. This type of issue can keep coming back and biting me in the arse. Deleting and reestablishing accounts often works, but I don't want to blow away the underlying main account since that could screw up my Hyundai Finance account (which is probably a third separate system).

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
I did the previous update as "guest", and I'll probably do the current update the same way (now that I have a large enough thumb drive), but this is a PITA and could be related to the other problem. As an old tyme programmer, it sounds to me like they have separate systems bolted together that don't reliably share data. This type of issue can keep coming back and biting me in the arse. Deleting and reestablishing accounts often works, but I don't want to blow away the underlying main account since that could screw up my Hyundai Finance account (which is probably a third separate system).
I don't see anyway to even sign in for it. Can you link to where you would sign in for the map update? Another way of saying it is, I never had the update know what exact car I had coming from MyHyundai. I don't think the two are tied in that way or meant to be?

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
85 Posts
I don't see anyway to even sign in for it. Can you link to where you would sign in for the map update? Another way of saying it is, I never had the update know what exact car I had coming from MyHyundai. I don't think the two are tied in that way or meant to be?
This is how I did the updates

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But..............I may have stumbled into a solution. In the course of fiddling with this problem, I (re)downloaded the Navigation Updater. When I logged in to the Navigation Updater, using the MyHyundai credentials, there was still no record of my vehicle. But, after having downloaded the new navigation software as "guest", specifying exactly which software to download, the Navigation Updater is remembering that specification. It appears that the Navigation Updater may have to be run the first time as "guest", after which the program itself remembers the vehicle. There may not be any cross-link with the MyHyundai vehicle record. Can anybody else confirm this?

·
Registered
137 Posts

I just did the update last week and as mentioned by Gene key it only asked model and screen size.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
Yes, this is exactly how it is done. @Tampa8 the Navigation Updater program has to know exactly which brand, year, model, head unit/screen size is being updated in order to download the correct software.
I can only give my experience helping my Daughter update here map. Coming from MyHyundai I downloaded the updater navigation program, signed in using MyHyundai sign in, put in the information. Never did it know the information before me putting it in. From then on it has always known what her car is.

I can't say of course other's experience but to my knowledge going back to last year for her car I don't think there was a ever a link between MyHyundai and the download site. You always had to put the information in, usually one time and it then remembered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts