Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL-C White
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, glad to be here. Just picked up last Friday 2/11 at Wayne Hyundai. Loving it so far. My last car was a 2014 Santa Fe sport, still had a physical key. Kids are loving the panoramic moon roof so it’s all worth it.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
2022 TUSCON PHEV Limited
4 Posts
Nice. You got white, which is what my wife was hoping for. Unfortunately, the allocations of PHEV is very limited, so we had to settle for silver. Will be picking up in a couple weeks. Good luck with your new car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. You got white, which is what my wife was hoping for. Unfortunately, the allocations of PHEV is very limited, so we had to settle for silver. Will be picking up in a couple weeks. Good luck with your new car.
awesome, can't wait to see pics of it when you get it. PHEV was the dream, but alas I couldn't swing it!

·
Registered
2022 Black on Black Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
41 Posts
Hi everyone, glad to be here. Just picked up last Friday 2/11 at Wayne Hyundai. Loving it so far. My last car was a 2014 Santa Fe sport, still had a physical key. Kids are loving the panoramic moon roof so it’s all worth it.
View attachment 690
View attachment 691
Congrats on the new Tucson, we have the same trim level just different colors.
I'm pushing 6000 miles and still love getting in and driving it! I hope you have a long trouble free journey.

Oh yea ... it looks great

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats I got same color same trim week ago. Let me know avg mpg you are seeing
right now not so great, my first tank of gas I ended up at 28/29 mpg? But the total mileage before the fill up was over 410 miles.. if I used 11.6 gallons of gas doesn't that come out to 35 mpg?

I hope its just the cold weather and being under 4000 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
right now not so great, my first tank of gas I ended up at 28/29 mpg? But the total mileage before the fill up was over 410 miles.. if I used 11.6 gallons of gas doesn't that come out to 35 mpg?

I hope its just the cold weather and being under 4000 miles.
I am in Florida for the winter and leaving my wife's car here, so I will have to buy another vehicle soon after I get back to NJ. I am interested in the Tucson Hybrid and was wondering if you had to pay over MSRP and what extra dealer fees were added. I was originally thinking of the PHEV, but plugging it in for an extra 20 or 30 miles, doesn't interest me, although the federal rebate is tempting. Here in Florida the dealers are adding $2000 as a Market Value Adjustment and loading up with dealer installed options like paint protection for another $2K. I read somewhere on this forum that NY state doesn't expect over MSRP and the dealer fees are $175.
Let us know what you like and dislike about the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Barry,

So I bought from Wayne Hyundai, they told me on the phone that they would sell to me at MSRP. I didn't believe them but I went in anyway. First offer was 3500 over MSRP.

But they did sell to me at MSRP. But I'm sure I got screwed somewhere.. lol.

Added dealer installed options that came with the car were Floor Mats, Cargo Net, Cargo Tray, Mud Guards, Roof Rack Rails, Quart White Paint = 1200 Inland Freight & Handling = 1,245 which brought the total MSRP to 34,395

NJ doc fees were Reg = 401, Dealer Doc Fee = 699, Tire Fee = 7.50, Elec Filing = 5.72 for a total of 1113.22

Sales Tax = 1899.49

As for the car, I am loving it. But I am coming from a 2014 Santa Fe Sport which was very basic. No moonroof, no new tech, not the turbo engine.

This car is around the same size as the Santa Fe Sport but I am loving the wireless apple carplay, the panoramic moonroof, safety features, bluelink remote start, and the engine is super peppy compared to my old car. I am not getting anywhere close to the 37 mpg but its better than the Santa Fe Sport for sure. It's a great drive for me. Last tank I got 29 mpg, I'm hoping this tank I get over 30. Maybe I used the remote start a little to much last tank.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucscon Hybrid SEL Convenience
20 Posts
I am in Florida for the winter and leaving my wife's car here, so I will have to buy another vehicle soon after I get back to NJ. I am interested in the Tucson Hybrid and was wondering if you had to pay over MSRP and what extra dealer fees were added. I was originally thinking of the PHEV, but plugging it in for an extra 20 or 30 miles, doesn't interest me, although the federal rebate is tempting. Here in Florida the dealers are adding $2000 as a Market Value Adjustment and loading up with dealer installed options like paint protection for another $2K. I read somewhere on this forum that NY state doesn't expect over MSRP and the dealer fees are $175.
Let us know what you like and dislike about the car.
In the Hudson Valley, NY area where I am, the dealers are generally not asking over MSRP, and NY limits dealer fees to a max of $175. My local dealership did not try to load up any dealer options nor any "market Value adjustment" crap. They did try and lowball me for my '18 Tucson trade-in, but I pushed back and they came back with a more reasonable offer that was mostly in line with the KBB offer. The only thing they do try and push is the extended warranty thing which most dealers do anyway so nothing unusual there.
Pretty much the only thing I don't like with the new Tucson is the lane keeping assist. It is a bit too inconsistent/agressive, so I turned that off. Everything else is fantastic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Barry,

So I bought from Wayne Hyundai, they told me on the phone that they would sell to me at MSRP. I didn't believe them but I went in anyway. First offer was 3500 over MSRP.

But they did sell to me at MSRP. But I'm sure I got screwed somewhere.. lol.

Added dealer installed options that came with the car were Floor Mats, Cargo Net, Cargo Tray, Mud Guards, Roof Rack Rails, Quart White Paint = 1200 Inland Freight & Handling = 1,245 which brought the total MSRP to 34,395

NJ doc fees were Reg = 401, Dealer Doc Fee = 699, Tire Fee = 7.50, Elec Filing = 5.72 for a total of 1113.22

Sales Tax = 1899.49

As for the car, I am loving it. But I am coming from a 2014 Santa Fe Sport which was very basic. No moonroof, no new tech, not the turbo engine.

This car is around the same size as the Santa Fe Sport but I am loving the wireless apple carplay, the panoramic moonroof, safety features, bluelink remote start, and the engine is super peppy compared to my old car. I am not getting anywhere close to the 37 mpg but its better than the Santa Fe Sport for sure. It's a great drive for me. Last tank I got 29 mpg, I'm hoping this tank I get over 30. Maybe I used the remote start a little to much last tank.

Cheers!
Thanks for your reply. I am leaning towards a Hybrid Tucson or Hybrid RAV4, both have different issues.

·
Registered
41 Posts
View attachment 690
View attachment 691
Are you from Wayne New Jersey? I am waiting in a Tucson Limited, gas version. Should be getting it the beginning of next month. Fingers crossed. I wanted to wait until I could find the pearl white exterior w/gray leather interior. I really wanted a tan interior but unfortunately, and a bit crazy, you can only get black or gray seats in the LIMITED. I find that very odd. Your Tucson is beautiful. Is it Pearl White exterior? Can’t really tell from the pic. It looks like a flat white, but again, some things just don’t come over on pics. Is it your first hybrid?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are you from Wayne New Jersey? I am waiting in a Tucson Limited, gas version. Should be getting it the beginning of next month. Fingers crossed. I wanted to wait until I could find the pearl white exterior w/gray leather interior. I really wanted a tan interior but unfortunately, and a bit crazy, you can only get black or gray seats in the LIMITED. I find that very odd. Your Tucson is beautiful. Is it Pearl White exterior? Can’t really tell from the pic. It looks like a flat white, but again, some things just don’t come over on pics. Is it your first hybrid?
We pickup up our 2.5 Limited on Monday. Black, gray interior ( that looks more off white ). We gave up on the hybrids her in Northeast Ohio ( too many hybrid buyers, too few hybrids ). We got the VIN number a month and a half ago. The full window sticker ( with prices listed ) was available on the dealer website. No market adjustment or stupid add ons I didn’t want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We pickup up our 2.5 Limited on Monday. Black, gray interior ( that looks more off white ). We gave up on the hybrids her in Northeast Ohio ( too many hybrid buyers, too few hybrids ). We got the VIN number a month and a half ago. The full window sticker ( with prices listed ) was available on the dealer website. No market adjustment or stupid add ons I didn’t want.
I think I’m getting the runaround. Not sure why, I just want the car I put money down on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think I’m getting the runaround. Not sure why, I just want the car I put money down on.
Probably a good time to talk with the sales manager or general manager. Get a clarification of what your buying and what it’s cost. The TBD on your sales sheet is very unusual. Those items on all the window stickers I’ve seen are filled out with the price of the item. Some dealers will add a “market adjustment “ after the MSRP, but they are not allowed by the manufacturer to alter the sticker itself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts