Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I purchased my beautiful new limited Tucson in December 2021. January 6,2022 parked in front of my home it was struck and totalled. Guy fell asleep at the wheel and hit me. thank goodness nobody was hurt. So I went through a bit of hell with the insurance and finally got settled in March. I am now in my 2nd new 22 limited Tucson,shimmering silver with gray interior. I love it. But I am recently feeling like it is lagging when I start off from a full stop. Then a few days ago I put it in reverse and heard a loud thud and it jumped. My driveway is on a pretty good incline and it only happeneds when I'm on a hill. On flat road it doesn't do that. Bringing it in next week. Has anyone else had this issue? I only have 1600 miles on her.

· Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
814 Posts
ICE?
Never had the thud going into reverse or any gear on my ICE version. But when new there was a lag from the time you stepped on the gas to the time it really got going. Since the break in period that has pretty much disappeared.

· Registered
349 Posts
Hi, I purchased my beautiful new limited Tucson in December 2021. January 6,2022 parked in front of my home it was struck and totalled. Guy fell asleep at the wheel and hit me. thank goodness nobody was hurt. So I went through a bit of hell with the insurance and finally got settled in March. I am now in my 2nd new 22 limited Tucson,shimmering silver with gray interior. I love it. But I am recently feeling like it is lagging when I start off from a full stop. Then a few days ago I put it in reverse and heard a loud thud and it jumped. My driveway is on a pretty good incline and it only happeneds when I'm on a hill. On flat road it doesn't do that. Bringing it in next week. Has anyone else had this issue? I only have 1600 miles on her.
When you park in the steep driveway, be sure to stop, put on emergency brake, then put it in Park. When leaving, foot in brake , put in gear, release parking brake. That should fix the jump issue. To much strain on the gears on steep slope when shifting. I believe I got the order correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts